External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
Please add your cover letter and any other documents required for the position to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your cover letter and supporting documents. The My Experience page is the only opportunity to add your cover letter and supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the website. Log in to Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and select Find Jobs. Locate the position and click Apply. Update your Education and Job History.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
Provides leadership in content creation and operation of all athletic video boards to create the Best Fan Experience in North Carolina. Develop creative video content for Wake Forest Athletics with focus on assigned teams within the Demon Deacon’s 18 varsity athletic programs. Provides leadership in post-production efforts for the full athletics Creative Video team.Job Description
- Provide leadership in content creation, preparation, and operation of all athletic video boards to provide an engaging in-venue experience for all fans and student athletes.
- Create engaging content for use on video boards at all athletic venues
- Trains other staff members to load content and operate video board systems
- Manage operations of video boards for game days and special events
- Provide leadership in post-production efforts for the full athletics Creative Video team.
- Assist creative video team members to ensure other sport projects are moving from concept to production, and from production to completion in an effective and efficient manner.
- Lead post-production creative efforts, with an emphasis on high quality design through programs such as After Effects, Photoshop, and Cinema 4D.
- Uphold department branding guidelines & identity standards.
- Assist in producing creative video, graphics, photos, and other creative content for an assigned sport in a timely manner, while meeting the overall strategy and philosophy goals of the department.
- Generate digital content for posting on athletic teams’ social media sites.
- Meet quick turnarounds to post high quality videos on the same day that events occur, while also balancing multiple video projects.
- Prepare video packages for team functions and/or approved distribution on the Athletic Department website and social platforms.
- Edits and creates vision of video content through both visual and audio deliverables.
- Plans, directs, shoots, and edits video and multi-media productions.
- Provides leadership in photo and video shoots for assigned sports.
- Work with a team of creative content producers to deliver video content across multiple platforms.
- Assists in the production of graphic design needs as needed to complete projects.
- Stay up to date on the latest video styles and trends and understand how to apply those learnings to the creative video team to maintain a quality level of style and design.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
BA/BS in related field plus two years related experience with management of technical personnel, shooting, editing, and creating digital videos and images or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Medium work. Climbing, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching, lifting, fingering, grasping, and feeling. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside environmental conditions, frequently in close quarters, and subject to hazards.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Additional Job Description
- Professional, optimistic, positive problem-solver.
- Required to work quickly, efficiently, and with adaptability under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience within NCAA Division I college athletics program desired.
- Creative thinker who can balance the institutional brand and key Athletics initiatives with novel concepts.
- Work experience and knowledge of video production, including but not limited to shooting, non-linear editing, color correction, audio editing.
- Proven success producing creative and innovative multi-media content, as well as experience in other multi-media production platforms (web sites, animation, graphic design) desired
- Ability to translate ideas and understand limitations in a variety of creative applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Prelude, Lightroom, Google Drive, along with limitations of physical production and computer generated post production techniques.
- Knowledge of professional and cinematic video cameras required, including but not limited to Sony F5, FS5, a7 family of cameras
- Must be well-versed in color grading, audio mixing and creating basic support graphics.
- Familiarity with digital media workflows and audio production equipment including the various uses, capabilities, applications, limitations, and costs.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations as well as a working familiarity with multimedia system design, Daktronics Video Platforms, videoconferencing systems, CATV systems, system integration, and live production and web streaming.
- Ability to operate/familiarity with the following: Computers to include design and project management software, problem reporting software (Daktronics Venus and VPLAY, Daktronics ShowControl, Daktronics Creative Studio).
- Ability to identify service, technical, and training needs, analyze growth requirements, keep current on system changes and updates, implement changes as appropriate.
- Must collaborate with a variety of media experts across integrated campaigns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as specified by supervisor, and availability to travel with teams.
- Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
Wake Forest University requires proof of full vaccination with an FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine for all positions posted on or after September 13, 2021. Wake Forest University requires that you provide satisfactory proof of full vaccination status to Human Resources within three days of your hire date. You must also maintain full COVID-19 vaccination status, as classified by the CDC, during your employment at Wake Forest University.
Consistent with federal, state and local law, Wake Forest University will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons unless providing an accommodation would result in an undue hardship to the University.
If you seek an accommodation from the vaccination requirement for disability- or religious-based reasons, you should contact Human Resources.
New employees who are hired into positions posted prior to September 13, 2021, offers of employment made to new employees prior to that date, and employees for positions at Graylyn Conference Center are generally exempt from the vaccination requirement unless the employee’s position is otherwise subject to a vaccination requirement due to the essential components of the position as described in Policy.Time Type Requirement
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.