Posting will remain open until filled. Priority screening for applications received by July 11, 2022.
The Program Coordinator for Grading and Graduation will support the functions of Registration and Records by tracking incoming requests for official transcript evaluations, and graduation applications, processing quarterly grading, including grade rosters, grade changes and grade repeats. The Program Coordinator ensures students are informed of the status of their requests through proactive communication and ongoing record updates. The person in this position provides clerical support for graduation and commencement, including diploma production, diploma tracking, graduation fee tracking, coordinating requests for graduation review, and assisting with commencement. The Coordinator is the primary point of contact for grades, credentials and graduation inquiries and information, ensuring students and faculty are provided with clear guidance on processes, policies and systems.
Registration and Records is a subunit of the Enrollment Services Department, responsible for quarterly enrollment, grading, transcripts, and graduation. Enrollment Services also includes admissions, student records, the college switchboard and data reporting. The office provides customer service in person, on campus at the front counter, virtually via Zoom lobbies, via email, phone and text. The person in this position is expected to participate fully as a member of the Enrollment Services team, supporting other functional areas as needed in support of student retention and completion. The position works in close coordination and collaboration with other Student Services Departments under the leadership of the Dean for Advising and Enrollment Services
This is a full-time, classified position, which is eligible for overtime. Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Must be available to work remotely and on campus with occasional evening hours.
Salary Information: The salary range stated above reflects the starting step of Range 38 (Step C) and ending step (Step L) salary for this classified position. Based on salary placement of Step A, it will take 5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future.
Please be advised beginning October 18, 2021 of the Washington State employees requirement to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Additional details located in the Supplemental Information section.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Enrollment and Credentials, this postilion will:
Graduation and Commencement Processing (30%):
Grading and Incoming Transcripts (30%)
- Serve as primary point of contact for students, staff and faculty on graduation application procedures and the status of graduation applications;
- Update student records indicating graduation application status, including any missing graduation requirements;
- Send correspondence to individual students regarding graduation application status;
- Respond to inquiries regarding diplomas, graduation and commencement;
- Print and send diplomas;
- Maintain online forms and webpages with accurate information;
- Participate and assist in the coordination of graduation and commencement events including graduation workshops;
- Coordinate the graduation review process under the direction and in close coordination with the Registrar/Director of Enrollment Services.
Enrollment Support (30%)Serve students at the front counter guiding students through using ctcLink and web resources to complete enrollment transactions or processes;Process add/drop in accordance with institutional policy and procedure;Update and maintain student records accurately in accordance with FERPA, upload documentation to ctcLink, and ensure a record of each transaction;Answer the phone, return phone calls and respond to student inquiries via email and text;Notify students via email, text, ctcLink 3Cs of changes to student’s enrollment status;Assist students with problem resolution, college navigation, or enrollment transactions;Assist students with navigating college services and connect students with appropriate resources;Produce student ID cards;Provide support for all enrollment processes including enrollment verifications, release of records, outgoing transcript requests, waitlists, pre-requisite checks and non-payment drops.Community and Professional Development (10%)Actively engage in department and campus community professional development opportunities, cross-training, meetings and committees;Provide input into policies, processes and procedures to advance the college and unit missions and objectives;Support the mission and goals of the college to close the achievement gap, improve retention and completion, promote enrollment and provide a welcoming, positive experience for a diverse population.Ability to:
- Initiate and complete the quarterly grading process, notifying faculty of due dates, and assisting faculty with grade submission;
- Track and follow up with late grades, report missing grade list to directors and dean;
- Process grade changes, grade repeats, or grade forgiveness in accordance with institutional policy;
- Receive and track incoming transcript evaluation requests, and transcripts from other colleges;
- Update student records when transcript evaluation requests are received and completed, or indicate any additional items needed to complete the requests;
- Keep accurate records ensuring the status of each request is recorded, with regular status reports to the directors and dean;
- Provide guidance to students, staff and faculty on institutional grading, and incoming transcript policy and procedures.
Knowledge of:Enrollment related policy; Customer service principles;College services, programs and student needs.
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with a diverse population;
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, follow-up and follow-through;
- Independently prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines, manage timelines and workflow based on cyclic academic calendar;
- Proficiently navigate an electronic environment, including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, WordPress and ctcLink student data systems;
- Work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Recognize potential issues that may impact work efficiency, customer service or enrollment, actively identify areas for improvements and propose solutions;
- Maintain the confidentiality of protected or sensitive information and explain confidentiality regulations to students, faculty and staff;
- Model a high level of professional decorum, contribute to a positive work environment and foster productive, respectful relationships with colleagues;
- Demonstrate cultural competency skills, including a commitment to anti-bias and equity and an appreciation of a highly diverse environment.
- High School completion or equivalent; AND
- Two years of full-time administrative experience with an emphasis on program coordination, data management and customer service.
- Associates degree;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish (verbal and written);
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with PeopleSoft;
- Fluency in a language in addition to English.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.Conditions of Employment
Highline College does require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff and faculty –– with waivers for specific exemptions –– for those who physically attend courses, operations, or other in-person activities. This decision was made in accordance with higher education proclamation
20-12.4. A candidate will not be asked to report their vaccination status unless they are hired by the college. If a candidate chosen for hiring is not fully vaccinated from COVID-19 and plans to submit a medical or religious exemption to this employment condition, the hiring process will be suspended until a decision has been made regarding any exemption application which is submitted. A candidate will not be allowed to do any work for Highline College or be onboarded as a new employee during the time period when the exemption is being considered. The request for an exemption does not guarantee approval.
Highline College prides itself on its commitment to diversity and equity, its institutional culture of collegiality and innovation, its globalization of curricula and its inclusion of the community in its programming. Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional- Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.MISSION AND VISION
As an essential part of our mission and vision
, diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Your online application must include the following to be considered complete:1. A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position;2. A letter of application/cover letter (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the QUALIFICATIONS, and KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES for theposition;3. A one-page response to the Supplemental Question.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
National Criminal Background Check may be required;This position is covered under the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) bargaining agreement.APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highlineNEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524- 5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00PM Pacific Time.HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.TITLE IX POLICY
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
The College appointing authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make an employment decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.