Assistant Professor, Nutrition, Hospitality & Human Services (Tenure-Track) #442658Salary:
CommensurateJob Summary/Basic Function:
Position Title:Assistant Professor, Nutrition (Tenure-Track)About the Position:The Department of Nutrition, Hospitality & Human Services at Lamar University invites applications for an Assistant Professor, tenure-track position in Nutrition with an expected start date of Fall 2022.We are excited to announce a new Sports Nutrition certificate and concentration within the online MS in Nutrition program starting in Fall 2022. The focus of the online MS in Nutrition program is an applied nutrition emphasis which enables students to utilize innovations in nutrition science and evidence-based nutrition guidelines using a community nutrition focus. This faculty member will play an integral role in educating nutrition and dietetics students and provide vital support to the growing online programs as well as the accredited undergraduate nutrition and dietetics program.This position will teach both on-campus and online within the BS and MS degree programs. Individuals who demonstrate expertise in sports and performance nutrition to meet the needs of this emerging, high-demand field are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in this specialty area.
- Provide instruction as assigned in nutrition courses per academic year in different modalities, including in-person or online.
- Develop/revise online nutrition courses utilizing the Quality Matters review process and on-campuses courses utilizing best teaching practices for the profession.
- Participate in the planning, review, and evaluation of the nutrition & dietetics programs.
- Develop, implement, and monitor student performance outcomes through ongoing assessment.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Collaborate with other departments and units across campus.
- Provide service and outreach to the Department, College, the University, and to the profession.
- Demonstrate effective scholarly productivity.
- Collaborate with faculty in areas of research, outreach, and pursuit of external funding.
Who We Are
:Lamar University is home to approximately 16,000 – 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are proud to be Cardinals.We are a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond.Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits package is offered that includes:· Health, dental & vision insurance· Life insurance· State of Texas Retirement plans· Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent· Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills needed to work with diverse students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Commitment to create and sustain a culture of student support and success.
Minimum Qualifications Preferred:
- Professional experience or education area of specialization in Sports Nutrition.
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) credential or CSSD eligible.
- Teaching experience at the College or University level with experience in curriculum development and course design utilizing the Quality Matters processes.
- Experience and understanding of ACEND requirements in academic coursework.
Involvement in professional organizations within the field of specialtyEEO Statement:
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Lamar Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.Open Date:
04/04/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Complete applications should include the following:· Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position· Curriculum Vitae· Statement of Teaching Philosophy· Three professional references with contact information.Optional Documents:Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
1. Letter of Reference 12. Letter of Reference 23. Letter of Reference 34. Unofficial Transcript (doctoral) degree
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr. Jill Killough, Chair of Nutrition, Hospitality, & Human Services at [email protected]