For COVID-related Information and Vaccination Requirements, please view the Return to Campus Task Force
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC students were born in 119 countries and speak 29 different languages. The diversity and the multitude of our community’s cultures, life experiences, skills and aspirations, are the very values and traits that empower us to be productive and caring members of our society.
HCCC embodies an unwavering commitment to student success and an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. In 2019, the President’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (PACDEI) was instituted to develop new levels of understanding and access and advance the College’s commitment to transparency and inclusion. We are proud of the differences we share, which are the foundation for the life changing and transformational education we offer and the social mobility we provide to the communities we serve.
HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: The Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus Center has abundant parking. Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recently recognized with the 2021 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, and the 2021 INSIGHT into Diversity’s Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. In 2016 the Gabert Library was one of three academic libraries in the United States to receive the Excellence in Academic Libraries Award from the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), and in 2019 the HCCC Tutoring Center received the Frank L. Christ Outstanding Learning Center Award for Two-Year Institutions. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream, a network of high achieving community colleges, part of its expanding effort toward continuous improvement in student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education. Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all forms.
Department / Division Introduction
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, training courses, seminars, webinars, and pathways to a degree program for community members and businesses. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations, and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Position Summary / Job Description
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, courses, seminars, and training sessions for the community. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Reporting to the Director, Workforce Pathways, the Program Manager is the administrator of the grant-funded program and is responsible for the management of the project to meet performance measures and deliverables in accordance with funder regulations, program requirements, and Hudson County Community College (HCCC) policies and procedures. The Program Manager will direct and oversee the program implementation. The duties of the Manager will include managing grant efforts, optimizing the grant administration process, preparing reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, educating staff on policies, and preparing financial reports. This is a full-time grant-funded position.
- Bachelor’s degree: required in any industry/field.
- 6 Years of Experience: related work experience in grant management/administration and budgeting/fiscal management. Experience in higher education especially regarding issues related to student support, persistence and completion, workforce development, low-income, and/or first-generation college populations.
- Bi-lingual preferred: Spanish / Arabic languages are a priority for the community.
- Technology Skills: The department relies on technology to scale its efforts. We need individuals skilled in database management, spreadsheets, video conferencing, email management, word processing, electronic presentations and knowledge of Salesforce.
- Engagement Skills: This concept is robust and inclusive – the ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships demands customer services skills and marketing skills. Attention to detail and the ability to write well impacts engagement.
- Flexibility: HCCC strives to be agile and flexible to the evolving needs of internal and external constituents, community, and changes in the labor market. We want you if you can thrive in environments that change.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a culture of continuous improvement. Your thoughtful attention to program challenges, contribution of ideas, having a vision, and setting goals is significant to the college’s growth.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and/or state-local funding guidelines and impeccable reputation with regard to ethics and integrity.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills Demonstrated ability to interact with a culturally diverse population and to effectively and respectfully function and communicate within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
Closing Date of Applications
Open until filled.
Review of applications to begin
For full consideration please send resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to [email protected].
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.