Student Services Specialist
Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States
Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a collaborative team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford.https://undergrad.stanford.edu/programs/bosp
The Bing Overseas Studies Program (BOSP) is seeking a Student Services Specialist for a one-year fixed term appointment, who will primarily support the development and administration of short-term, faculty-led study away programs. The person in this role will gain comprehensive understanding of the entire administrative lifespan of a customized faculty-led program and its stakeholders, while working mainly on student-related functions. The Student Services Specialist will also provide operational support for broader functions within BOSP, including assisting with the planning and scheduling of office events, assisting with communications processes, compiling student application materials, and helping with curricular planning and registration systems maintenance.
The Bing Overseas Studies Program (BOSP) offers Stanford undergraduates the opportunity to study abroad while remaining enrolled at Stanford and is considered an integral part of the Stanford curriculum. The demographic breakdown of BOSP participants closely mirrors that of the entire Stanford population. Approximately 50 percent of each graduating class studies abroad on a BOSP program during their undergraduate career at Stanford.
Due to the high visibility of our programs and diverse cultural environments, BOSP places a high value on professionalism, teamwork, outstanding student services support, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing student application files and documents for completeness and following up with students accordingly, leveraging BOSP application software and databases
- Compiling and distributing student application materials for faculty and staff review committees
- Inputting BOSP student and course information into Stanford systems, updating electronic databases, web content, literature, and associated materials
- Collecting, gathering and validating data; preparing basic reports
- Creating and managing student and staff mailing lists
- Responding to general inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff
- Coordinating schedules for student workers, updating student training manuals, and assisting with onboarding and training
- Coordinating logistics for BPSP outreach activities, meetings, and events, including booking rooms for pre-departure orientation meetings and information sessions
- Contributing to general office administration and process improvements
- Providing administrative support for BOSP program reviews, including scheduling and note-taking
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. To be successful in this position:
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
*-Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.In addition, preferred qualifications include:
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Experience with study abroad and familiarity with the operations of a study abroad office, its mission and business objectives, and practices.
For undergraduates, VPUE is the nexus for programs and initiatives that help students define and achieve their intellectual ambitions at Stanford. These include investigative introductory courses taught by esteemed faculty, targeted classes in writing and rhetoric, undergraduate research support, academic advising and mentoring, overseas and off-campus study programs, and undergraduate scholarships and fellowships. For faculty, VPUE serves as a principal conduit for furthering interaction with undergraduates and discovering ways in which working with students can enrich one's research agenda. VPUE advocates for undergraduate education in collaboration with faculty, departments and schools across Stanford. All VPUE resources are dedicated to involving faculty with the undergraduate experience, connecting students with phenomenal opportunities and fully realizing a liberal education at Stanford.Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
*Please note that is a one-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of extension, based on programmatic needs.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/student-services-specialist-17848
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 95136 in the Keyword Search field
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency