Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, seeks to hire a Maintenance Engineer I. Maintenance engineers are responsible for repair and maintenance of the equipment and systems related to heating , ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing issues in campus buildings. They also perform preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance to achieve maximum performance and longevity of critical equipment. Because they work so closely with the equipment and systems, they advise management of issues that require approvals or may impact budgets, not only of Facilities Services, but other departments as well.
This is a union position paying $40.50. Sunday through Thursday 7:00am to 3:30pm schedule
- Timely and skillful completion of work orders related to basic mechanical and plumbing issues in campus buildings.
- Operation and maintenance of systems and equipment
- Preventive maintenance tasks
- Communication of, and involvement in the resolution of, extraordinary issues with systems and equipment that requires management involvement or input.
- High School Diploma required.
- Vocational or Technical Training In Equipment MR&O preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance and repair of basic mechanical equipment and systems.
- Mechanical ability, basic electrical knowledge, knowledge of safe work practices.
- Troubleshooting skills, able to communicate issues with relative ease.
- Project schedule awareness, knowledge of and adherence to accepted best practices
- Familiarity with standard keyboard and common college program functions
- Answers phone and takes messages occasionally
- Knows how to safely and efficiently operate basic mechanical equipment and requests training if deemed necessary
- Valid Minnesota driver's license.
- The position requires a self-motivated, skillful, and knowledgeable individual, willing to learn, and able to coexist with a diverse group of maintenance professionals. Patience with students that will question tried and true methods is essential.
- This position is part of the team that is responsible for completing mechanical and electrical projects and tasks in a well organized, professional, courteous, manner. This applies to written and computer generated work orders, as well as verbal direction from supervisors.
To apply for this position please submit your resume via Macalester’s Employment Opportunity Webpage. This position will be posted until filled.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.
Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:
For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine regimen.Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.
Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]