Staff in Ctr for Counseling & Human DevelopmentWorking Title:
For Furloughed PASSHE Faculty Only - Center for Counseling & Human Development - AOD Counselor - (10.8 Credits) - Fall 2022Classification:
Instructor - 24900Nature of position:
Temporary, part-timeJob Summary/Basic Function:
Millersville (PA) University’s Center for Counseling and Human Development is recruiting for a temporary part-time Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor, starting August 2022.Required Qualifications:
Provide individual and group counseling for undergraduate and graduate students with alcohol and other drug problems. Conduct alcohol and other drug assessment, treatment, and education. Collaborate with University Housing and Conference Services, Student Conduct and Community Standards, Student Health Services, Center for Health Education and Promotion, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and University Police in assessing student referrals. Work cooperatively with community social service agencies, hospitals, clinics, courts, and other community resources when appropriate. Consult with faculty and staff regarding student alcohol and other drug abuse. Develop and present educational workshops and presentations for classes, student organizations, and other campus groups as needed. The academic-year workload for this Temporary Part-time Faculty position is 10.8 workload hours (32 hours a week in fall and spring semesters).
- Earned Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or related field.
- Current certification as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Counseling and crisis intervention with a diverse client population.
- Counseling and crisis intervention experience with a traditional college-aged population and/or university counseling center experience.
Posting Close Date:
- Ability to engage in effective oral and written communications.
- Ability to work effectively in team setting.
- Ability to utilize Windows 10.
07/28/2022Quicklink for Posting/Requisition: