Adjunct Faculty for Online Family Law and Education Law Certificate Programs - General Description
Adjunct Faculty for the online certificate programs at The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law instruct students across multiple discipline including law and behavioral health.
Adjunct Faculty will build courses and instruct students in a designated subject matter and work closely with the Dean and Associate Dean of Hybrid and Online Learning on appropriate curriculum development and teaching methodology for the interdisciplinary program certificates.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full responsibility for the teaching and evaluation of students in the class
- Where appropriate, create and build a course that is easy to navigate, utilizes a variety of tools and assessments, and provide learning materials that foster student learning
- Comprehensive instruction of students in the designated subject matter, utilizing appropriate teaching methodologies
- Administer assessments to evaluate student progress, record results, and inform students of their progress
- Provide timely and meaningful feedback to students on weekly assignments
- Closely monitor course activity and student engagement
- Utilize Canvas learning management system as the infrastructure for teaching and tracking student outcomes
- Maintain an environment that is conducive to online learning
- Show evidence of teaching ability and maintain current knowledge and expertise in designated subject matter
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient use of technology
- J.D. degree with experience in Family and/or Education Law required
- MSW or other behavioral health science degree preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred\
The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.