Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported. The Highlights
The Digital Content Administrator (DCA) supports the strategic initiatives of the college with content creation and management for the college’s website, social media channels, video channels, and in-house TV monitors. The DCA creates content by writing, producing, designing, and editing content that aligns with college strategic goals, DePaul's brand strategy, website and social media best practices, and DePaul editorial standards. The DCA collaborates with units and programs within the college and across the university to increase engagement and reach with various audiences and stakeholders. The DCA informs strategic decisions by measuring and analyzing effectiveness using appropriate data analytics tools.
Is This You?
Your Education & Experience
- Develop, write, edit, design, produce and strategically schedule creative content for the college's website, social media platforms, YouTube channel and in-house TV monitors.
- Collaborate with college units, programs, faculty members, and staff members to advise and/or produce content and manage the above platforms; provide recommendations, expertise, and best practices to achieve goals; remain current on digital content trends and implement judiciously.
- Track, analyze, interpret, and report web and social media analytics to gauge content effectiveness and ongoing strategy.
- Produce and/or edit written materials, photos, videos, podcasts, and other types of content as needed for special projects, including online courses and various special projects including the college intranet site, newsletters, blogs, etc., as assigned.
- Shoot and edit photos related college events, programs, and activities to support content goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in English, marketing/communications or journalism. M.A. preferred.
3-5 years experience of project management with an emphasis on communication, design, photography and short video production experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in website and social media content creation, management and tracking in service of DePaul's marketing, communication, and engagement goals
Proficiency with Web authoring and A/V production tools including CMS, Photoshop, and post-production editing suites, etc.
Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative Web site measures
Excellent written, verbal, and editorial skills
Excellent project management skills
Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
HTML authoring (ability to read hard code)
Social media content creation and tracking (combined with first skill)
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- This position is hybrid with office presence expected 2-3 days per week.
Required Background Check:
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check. Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email [email protected] Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.