Assistant Professor of English
Liberal Arts and Humanities
English and Foreign Language
Department Chair of English and Foreign Language
The Department of English and Foreign Language at Livingstone College is seeking a tenure-track, full-time Assistant Professor in creative writing, preferably with secondary areas in speech, journalism, or rhetoric. The ideal candidate will be able to offer workshops in fiction, poetry, drama, and creative nonfiction with the goal of improving students’ writing in multiple genres. The candidate should also possess the following:
- 2+ years of teaching experience at the college or university level
- commitment to utilizing innovative teaching techniques in the instructional setting and using technology to enhance student learning
- strong communication skills and dedication to providing quality instruction for all students
- commitment to diversity and inclusion in the classroom
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Teach 15 hours during the fall semester and 12 hours during the spring semester.
- Hold a minimum of 8 office hours per week.
- Submit timely assessment reports.
- Advise and register students.
- Participate in the governance and committee work of the Department, Division, and the College.
- Use Blackboard, ECHO 360: Lecture Capture, SMART Board, and other instructional technologies in the classroom.
- Generate new curriculum and develop course syllabi that align with the curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in English.
- Participate in scholarly and professional development activities.
What you will need to be successful!
- MFA or Ph.D. in English
- At least 2+ years of teaching experience at the college or university level is required.
- Experience teaching blended, hybrid, and online classes is a plus.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private historically black college that is secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, academic excellence, and student success. Through a Christian-based environment suitable for holistic learning, Livingstone provides excellent business, liberal arts, STEAM, teacher education, and workforce development programs for students from all ethnic backgrounds designed to promote lifelong learning and to develop student potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.