Search #: 496549JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director in the Center for Career Development and in partnership with other colleagues, the Program Designer will lead the design process to develop high-quality, context-responsive, career-readiness programs and resources. The Program Designer advises faculty and staff on integrating career-readiness content into the classroom, advising, student employment, and other professional development conversations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:Connects with faculty and instructors, supervisors, advisors, and other staff to design career content to integrate into courses, advising, and student employment and provides assistance designing career-readiness content for classroom or program integration.Develops and refines career-readiness programming using platforms such as Blackboard, Google, and Kuali.Coordinates, updates, and oversees the Career Center HuskyCT site that houses career resources for faculty, instructors, and advisors.Maintains accurate records on each program and assembles databases and prepares reports based on program outcomes using Excel or other database management platforms.Efforts provide continued support for students from diverse backgrounds, identities, and disciplines by sharing career content with the campus community in an effort to reach the vast majority of students.Collaborates with career staff liaisons to schools and colleges to educate faculty and department staff on career readiness and faculty support provided by the Career Center.Spearheads faculty outreach and recruitment for faculty Career Champions and helps to coordinate faculty subcommittee.Performs office support functions of educational programs; processes paperwork, records, and files that may be computerized.Prepares and conducts workshops, presentations, and training programs for Career Champions and other constituents.Provides educational training and conducts related support services on an ongoing basis.Coaches and advises students on major and career exploration, career development, and post-graduation opportunities.Provides guidance and assists students in preparing career planning materials and resources.Develops and writes informational materials for distribution as appropriate to relevant constituents.Organizes and conducts outreach programs for classes, academic departments, residence halls, and student groups.Keeps informed regarding current developments and trends in the job market.May supervise and train graduate and/or undergraduate student employees.Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in program design, curriculum design, career planning and placement, academic advising, higher education, or a related field including one year of experience serving as an advanced team member.
- Demonstrated understanding of the unique needs of diverse populations and a commitment to equitably addressing these needs.
- Demonstrated experience effectively designing programs and/or curriculum.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree in adult learning, higher education, counseling, or a related field.
- Knowledge of tools related to the delivery of career development and placement services: Career Management Software such as Symplicity, Handshake, Purple Briefcase, etc.
- Experience as a Career Counselor/Coach, instructor, or faculty.
- Experience working with Blackboard or another course management system.
- Demonstrated evidence of successful experience supporting the unique needs of diverse populations.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #496549 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 27 2022 Eastern Daylight Time