Search #: 496556JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
Within the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning’s Educational Technologies Office, the Educational Technologist (Educational Program Coordinator) position provides support, training, and guidance to faculty, staff, TAs, and other constituents and stakeholders on using technology as part of teaching. Under the supervision of the Director of CETL-Educational Technologies, the Educational Technologist provides support on technologies related to student response systems, video conferencing, recording technologies, video editing, the Learning Management System (LMS), and other platforms. This position hires and manages a staff of student workers and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the EdTech office, which includes responding to emails, phone calls, and other requests, as well as training the student support staff. This position conducts workshops and individual consultations on the use of educational technologies and contributes to the development and maintenance of support materials and resources. This position also plays an important role in identifying and evaluating new educational technologies for potential university adoption.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day support and consultation for faculty, staff, and TAs on educational technologies (LMS, video conferencing, recording technologies, student response systems, and others) via phone, email, and support tickets.
- Manage staff of 5-6 student workers, including hiring, training/development, evaluation, and day-to-day supervision.
- Facilitate and deliver workshops for faculty, staff, and TAs on educational technology utilization and pedagogical integration.
- Conduct individual consultations for faculty, staff, and TAs on the effective use of educational technologies.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of educational technology guidance materials and support resources.
- Collaborate with ITS-Campus Technology Services group on software/platform technical issues.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of emerging educational technologies for potential university-wide adoption.
- Collaborate with the ITS-Accessibility Coordinator to provide coordinated support for educational technologies related to student/faculty accessibility accommodations.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four to five years of related experience.
- Broad knowledge of pedagogical best practices related to teaching with technology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to work effectively with individuals of diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds.
- Demonstrated service commitment to providing strong customer/client support.
- Strong organization skills and ability to effectively coordinate administrative functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Master’s degree.
- Teaching experience (K-12 and/or higher education).
- Experience working with software and educational technology platforms such as Blackboard, Respondus, Kaltura, Webex, iClicker and iClicker Cloud, Voicethread, Flipgrid, and Microsoft Office applications (particularly PowerPoint and Teams as presentation and communication platforms).
- Experience with educational technology-related accessibility and accommodations.
- Experience conducting workshops and training sessions on teaching with technology.
This is a full-time permanent position. The University of Connecticut offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and a highly desirable work environment. This position requires in-person presence at the Storrs campus although telecommuting on a hybrid basis may be allowed subject to authorization and University policy. For information regarding benefits, visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/. The hiring range is $54,734-$62,000.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #496556 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 28, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 28 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 28 2022 Eastern Daylight Time