Requisition Number:40506Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:11-Jul-2022Date Posted:28-Jun-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for two Engagement Officers! We seek two eager, new professionals to help provide critical support in championing personal relationships with alumni and donors to enhance the philanthropic pipeline in support of our college.
The Engagement Officers will collaborate daily with the frontline team to help identify prospective major gift donors, build relationships, and support development officer portfolio management. They will hold a portfolio of prospective donors (150-175) from which they will identify and qualify individuals to either cultivate and solicit or refer to development officers. They will also support stewardship of existing major donors. Some travel is expected as one discovery officer will support fundraising activity in the east half of the country while the other will support activities in the west. Engagement with alumni and donors will be both in person, over the phone and virtual.
Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, the college is able to attract brilliant students, support and grow our dedicated faculty and strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we build a foundation of excellence for the future of the College of Engineering and Applied Science, CU Boulder, and the state of Colorado.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreFounded in 1893, the College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Colorado Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
The CEAS Advancement team is a fun and collaborative group of dynamic professionals. Our top priority is our people and with intention we cultivate an encouraging and successful group of individuals who bring to work their unique experiences and expertise each and every day. We are self-starters who operate with the highest integrity, always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our team and our work. That work is our priority, but fellowship among us is also important, and we do our best to stay engaged with team retreats, remote Zoom watercoolers, a book club, and so much more.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Cultivate existing and new donor relationships with leadership, annual and major gift prospects with the intent of sustaining and growing donor engagement and support for the college and University.
- Thoughtfully communicate with and act as point of contact for large base of out-of-state and local alumni and donors.
- Using technical and analytical skills, evaluate data to support the frontline development officers with portfolio penetration, donor research, and scheduling donor meetings through phone and digital channels.
- Maintain portfolios of approximately 150-175 alumni, donors, and prospective donors to achieve goals relating to core metrics, including personal visits, gift solicitations, and referrals.
- Solicit gifts of up to $5,000 and work to support the transition of gifts over this threshold to the annual fund and major gift officers.
- Travel out of state (10%), locally (up to 40%) and engage virtually/over the phone (50% or more) to identify and cultivate existing and new relationships with alumni and donors.
- Attend and well-represent the college at various alumni and donor events, some outside of the normal workday.
- Work closely with supervisor to develop and implement fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives around fundraising priorities.
- Facilitate positive relationships among donors and CU Boulder advancement staff, campus leadership, and faculty, in order to close gifts.
- Track and analyze short and long-term trends to inform strategic decisions.
- Timely completion of work across both core functions.
- Fully document prospect strategies, contact reports, gift solicitations and stewardship reports within donor database.
What You Should KnowAll University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
We anticipate that this position will support a hybrid format (remote and in-person work).What We Can OfferThe salary range is $45,000- $50,000 annually.
Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be StatementsBe curious. Be impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What You Will Need
- Keen ability to communicate verbally and in writing and develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Proficiency in the ability to analyze information / situations and tackle problems.
- Expert ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; have ability to work independently and as a team and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of current issues facing public universities and interests of assigned school, students, faculty, and alumni.
- Confidence in ability to cultivate and solicit donations from individuals.
- Personal computer proficiency required. Software used: Microsoft Office Products; MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; donor tracking software (current Advance, though transitioning soon to new platform for entire organization).
What We Would Like You To Have
- This position is ideal for a new CU Boulder graduate, or for someone who has a personal connection to CU Boulder.
- Experience working within CU Boulder Advancement or student experience/internship with non-profit development office.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 11, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]