Full-Time Mathematics Instructor
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Math, Engineering & Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
This position will teach Mathematics courses, assist students with course-related materials, and manage grades through BlackBoard. Candidates may be required to teach evening sections.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach daytime, evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit courses.Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshman and sophomore-level mathematics courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Actively participate in the assessment of course and program-level student learning outcomes.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
- Faculty work schedule is dependent on course scheduling at Lee College, as well as dual credit scheduling. The work schedule may include some evening, Friday, and weekend classes.
- Recruit for and promote the Mathematics program.
- Commitment to professional development, including regional or national conferences.
- Openness to evolving needs, such as co-requisite teaching and Puente.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field OR a Master’s (or higher) degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in the teaching field
- Must be able to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online-based classes
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Experience using Blackboard or other Learning Management Systems
- Experience teaching Mathematics at a community college
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts
for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references
on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7259
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency