Soft Skills Faculty, Part-Time (non-credit) (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Corporate Solutions Department at the Community College of Philadelphia is seeking part-time Instructors to teach Soft Skills Courses that are part of the Career Readiness Soft Skills Pre-Apprenticeship Program. Courses include topics such as communication skills, teamwork, budgeting, critical thinking and decision making.Specific Responsibilities:
Classes will be held primarily during the day with some evening session possibilities. Classes are delivered online and in-person on campus. Students in these classes range from high school students through older adults returning to the workplace. This position pays a competitive hourly rate.
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu of high quality continuing education and career-training programs brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions delivers programming through the following business lines: Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training, Corporate College, Small Business Training – Center for Small Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
*Application materials will be kept on file until 12/31/2022.
• Teach Soft Skills Courses that are part of the Career Readiness Soft Skills Pre-Apprenticeship Program.Minimum Qualifications:
• Curriculum will be provided, adaptation to online format is the responsibility of the instructor.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.
• Bachelor’s degree.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experienced instructors and trainers with a minimum of 2 years of experience teaching high school students and/or adult learners.
•Qualified candidates will have working knowledge of designing and delivering effective online and in-person instruction.
• Master’s Degree.Work Location:
• Strong interpersonal skills, a passion for training, and the ability to engage and connect with students are preferred.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application. • Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED. • Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED. • Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. • Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or Rank:
Adjunct FacultyPosition Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :