Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Faculty, Part-Time, Non-Credit, (Adjunct Faculty Pool)
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Faculty, Part-Time, Non-Credit, (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
Corporate Solutions Department at the Community College of Philadelphia is seeking part-time Instructors to teach a Diversity, Inclusion & Equity course.
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu of high quality continuing education and career-training programs brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions delivers programming through the following business lines: Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training, Corporate College, Small Business Training – Center for Small Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
*Application materials will be kept on file until 12/31/2022.
• Successful candidate will be skilled in demonstrating how to confront bias, mitigate micro- aggressions, cross-cultural communication, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic understanding, combatting stereotypes, cultural awareness and inclusive management.
• Facilitate workshops where tough conversations, and uncomfortable situations must be managed while creating a deeper understanding of the subject matter.
• Instructional design ability to include new data and exercises that may add value to existing program.
• Consult with Corporate Solutions clients to assist with the selection of appropriate workshop” solution” for their work culture.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.
• Bachelor’s degree and certifications relevant to subjects covering diversity, inclusion and equity issues.
• 5 years of experience working as a D & I facilitator where tough conversations and uncomfortable situations had to be managed in order to move participants towards self-evaluation and revelation.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to think quickly, in an unscripted way, to address questions and concerns that may fall beyond the scope of the workshop material.
• Content development skills are preferred, as it may be necessary to customize existing content to meet client expectations.
• Masters degree in Organizational Behavior, Psychology, Leadership, Organizational Dynamics, and Sociology is preferred.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application. • Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED. • Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED. • Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. • Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or Rank:
Adjunct FacultyPosition Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :
Working at Community College of Philadelphia
Welcome to Community College of Philadelphia, a public, open-admission institution that provides both academic resources and support services to help students achieve their academic goals. As the largest public institution of higher education in Philadelphia, the College has served more than 685,000 of the city's residents since 1965. We serve a diverse population of students, from recent high school graduates starting here on their path to a bachelor's degree, to adults looking to change careers. On our Main Campus or at any of our three Regional Centers within Philadelphia, we offer the convenience our students need to fit classes into their busy schedules.
We seek to empower our community through education, one individual at a time. More than 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and strengthen our local economy. It is our mission to prepare Philadelphians for a new career or transfer to a four-year college so that they can achieve their educational and career goals.
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented, high caliber faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert