Business Law Faculty, Part-Time
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Business & Management, Law & Legal Studies
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Business Law Faculty, Part-TimeRequisition Number:
The Business Administration Department invites applications for a part-time position in Business Law to begin Spring 2022. This is NOT an online position.
The Business Administration Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Business and Accounting. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing business leaders, professionals, and entrepreneurs for successful careers. Many of our students transfer to some of the best business schools in the Philadelphia area, while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• An earned Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA approved law school.
• Passed a state bar examination and be a licensed practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If not currently licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, must be licensed before the start of the Spring 2022 semester.
• Verifiable work experience in the field of Business Law.
• Ability to deliver required, predefined course elements, while drawing from one’s own knowledge and experiences, to engage students and make the course their own.
• Ability to teach a variety of day, evening, and weekend Business Law sections at the main campus, and/or at Regional Centers and neighborhood sites.
• Willingness to revise and update courses.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• At least two years of recent college teaching experience in the subject area, preferably at the community college level.
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings, and/or conferences.
• Knowledge and/or willingness to develop and teach distance education and web enhanced courses.
• Prior experience using Canvas Learning Management System.
• Willingness to revise and maintain courses and curriculum.
• Commitment to participating in the intellectual life of the department, and a willingness to participate in the life of the College through leadership in department and college-wide committees.
• Active participation in national and/or regional industry professional organizations.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application. • Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED. • Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED. • Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. • Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Position Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :
Working at Community College of Philadelphia
Welcome to Community College of Philadelphia, a public, open-admission institution that provides both academic resources and support services to help students achieve their academic goals. As the largest public institution of higher education in Philadelphia, the College has served more than 685,000 of the city's residents since 1965. We serve a diverse population of students, from recent high school graduates starting here on their path to a bachelor's degree, to adults looking to change careers. On our Main Campus or at any of our three Regional Centers within Philadelphia, we offer the convenience our students need to fit classes into their busy schedules.
We seek to empower our community through education, one individual at a time. More than 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and strengthen our local economy. It is our mission to prepare Philadelphians for a new career or transfer to a four-year college so that they can achieve their educational and career goals.
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented, high caliber faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert