Fashion Merchandising & Marketing Faculty, Part-Time (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Business Leadership, Fashion, & Hospitality Department invites applications for an adjunct faculty position for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applicant credentials will be kept on file until 12/31/2022.Specific Responsibilities:
The Business Leadership, Fashion, & Hospitality Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Business Leadership, Corporate Social Responsibility, Culinary Arts, Entrepreneurship, Fashion Merchandising and Marketing, Project Management, and Tourism and Hospitality Management. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing business leaders, professionals, and entrepreneurs for successful careers. Many students in this department transfer to schools in the Philadelphia area to complete baccalaureate degrees in their chosen field while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths. In addition to our newly developed AAS Fashion Merchandising & Marketing degree and Fashion Retail Sales & Customer Service proficiency certificate, we offer numerous experience courses that prepare students to become critical thinkers in the area of merchandising and marketing in a global retail industry. This position will play a key role in further developing our fashion merchandising and marketing programs and teaching in this area.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural, and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
• Teach Fashion Merchandising & Marketing courses to students with a broad range of career interests.Minimum Qualifications:
• Help community college students further develop their merchandising and marketing skills, professional attitudes and behaviors, for college and workplace success.
• Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course’s standard course outline as a guide.
• Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, hands-on activities, and presentations.
• Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
• Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
• Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as meetings at the designated times.
• Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning, including learning and using Publisher’s software when applicable.
•Develop and maintain working relationships with Philadelphia business industry/workforce.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Bachelor’s degree in retail merchandising and/or marketing or a related degree.Preferred Qualifications:
• 6 years’ experience in the retail industry.
• At least one year of teaching experience.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively use teaching strategies and technologies for in-person and/or online learning.
• At least two years in a management role.Work Location:
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings and/or conferences.
• Experience teaching at a Community College.
• Commitment to participating in the intellectual life of the department, and a willingness to participate in the life of the College.
• For more information on Part-Time benefits, visit https://www.myccp.online/human-resources/faculty-adjunct-facultySpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application. • Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED. • Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED. • Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law. • Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Position Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :