Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for a
Biomedical Science Faculty Pharmacologist (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Demonstrate experience and expertise in biomedical or clinical education by teaching students of the university programs, provide service to the university and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct the education and instruction of medical students and other health care professional students while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experience and research opportunities. Establish and maintain scheduled office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation. Provide service to the university community and students through serving on university, college/program and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students, participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Dean or Department Chair/Vice Chair. Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the College's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program. Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the COM meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency established. Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of the college's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program. Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency within your specialty field. Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance. Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff. Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university and college in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), providing patient care, community service and/or perform special duties as assigned. Advance the prestige of the University through advancement of it mission and vision and advancement of your personal career. Other duties as assigned by the Dean or his/her designee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A record of scholarly activity, student mentoring, and academic service is essential. Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education. Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates. Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers. Demonstrated leadership experience in professional or educational settings. Demonstrations of post-doctoral experience and published works of scholarly activity.
- PhD Terminal degree (D.O., M.D., PharmD,PhD) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
- 1-3 years of academic experience as a full time faculty member at a medical school 1-3 years of academic experience as a full time faculty member in an institution of higher education at the graduate level.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may apply.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/X7QopWtVDVrVPfqmEteVDL