Job Title: Faculty SIMS Division of Clinical Medicine & Surgery
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Type: Part-Time 19 hours or less
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for a
Faculty SIMS Division of Clinical Medicine & Surgery .30 FTE (Part-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers paid vacation, sick days, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Participate in teaching, service, scholarly activities, and appropriate administrative work at RVU.
Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of medical students, other health care professional students, and residents while providing mentorship and motivations for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning and simulation groups, laboratory experience and research opportunities. Establish and maintain scheduled office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation. Provide service to the university community and students through serving on RVU committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to learners, participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Executive Director of SIMS or Provost. Participate in simulation and curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of RVU's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program. Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of RVU meet the standards established by the faculty and Program and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency established. Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of RVU's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program. Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to RVU and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency with specialty field. Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance. Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff. Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university and college in fulfilling its mission and vision though teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system coordinator), community service and/or perform special duties as assigned. Advance the prestige of the University through the advancement of its mission and vision and the advancement of your personal career. Other duties as assigned by the Executive director or Provost or his/her designee.
Marginal Job Functions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education. Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates. Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Terminal degree (DO or MD degree) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization Academic and/or teaching experience Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies Eligible for coverage by university's malpractice insurer if applicable
- Academic and teaching experience at a medical school or college of osteopathic medicine 4-6 years of academic or clinical teaching experience Simulation experience Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in clinical, professional or educational settings
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may apply.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DoDDPrSgZgBRps2pWIqVa8