Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The FAU Career Center is seeking a Director, FAU Career Center, Employer & Community Engagement – Boca Raton, FL.
The Florida Atlantic University Career Center, Director, Employer and Community Engagement is responsible for strategically cultivating and building industry and community relationships that increase engagement and enhance connections between students, alumni, faculty and employers in order to maximize internship and employment opportunities. Working collaboratively throughout multiple constituent groups, this leadership role develops and fosters internal and external relationships and leads the Career Center’s employer engagement and recruitment strategies, plans, and programs designed to connect students with meaningful opportunities and assist employers in successfully identifying, recruiting, and hiring FAU students and alumni. Further, this position play’s a critical role in engaging employers and the community throughout the University and providing feedback on hiring needs and trends, preparedness of FAU students for their respective careers, and on the “the future of work” in the 21st century.
This leadership role is designed to meaningfully connect FAU students, alumni, and employers and assist in building toward successful futures.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides hands-on leadership for the FAU Employer Engagement function, including the development and execution of systemwide relationship management strategies and plans that cultivate current and prospective employer partnerships resulting in increased Internships and experiential learning, part-time and full-time employment opportunities for FAU students and alumni.
- Constructs, manages, and implements high volume, year-round employer recruiting programs, activities and events, including information sessions, pre-recruitment events, career fairs, workshops, career panels, presentations, and other recruitment initiatives.
- Assumes oversight for the FAU on-campus interview program, approvals and job postings, recruitment programs and activities and all other employer related data in the FAU Career Management System (Handshake).
- Assists in opportunities for employers to enhance their brand on campus and advises on the most effective means of how to achieve respective organizational recruitment goals and objectives with FAU.
- Serves as a lead conduit between employers and the FAU Career Center and the University community.
- Provides employer and industry insights to the FAU Career Center, the colleges, and the University overall.
- In concert with Financial Aid, leads and supervises the Job Location Development (JLD) program for the Career Center.
- Maintains a working knowledge of local, regional and national employment market trends and their actual and potential impact on the hiring of college students and graduates.
- Attends networking and community events, reaching out to and industry contacts, and utilizing online resources.
- Leads the FAU Career Center employer partnership and sponsor programs and achieves the career fairs and events budget.
- Monitors the quality of employer and community customer service delivered by the FAU Career Center, including the collection and analysis of survey data and assessment of and follow-up with feedback.
- Manages budgets, data and insights, assessment programs and platforms, and provides detailed reporting on recruitment activities and hiring outcomes. Develops employer policies and stays abreast of hiring practices and national recruiting trends.
- Leads the employer engagement team and assures the vision, direction, and initiatives align with the FAU Career Center strategic plans. Provides direction and oversight for professional staff, GA’s and other student staff.
- Assures effective marketing of all programs.
- Serves on the Career Center Leadership Team and co-leads the FAU Career Center Employer Advisory Council.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience required.
Experience and /or involvement in a university or industry recruitment function, or a role in marketing, sales, or business development.
Strong demonstration of agility, flexibility, professionalism, positive collaboration skills, innovation, and personal accountability is a must.
Strong negotiation, advisory/consultative, and data analytics skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment. Fundraising or revenue generation is a plus.Salary:
$70,000 – $75,000 per yearCollege or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., some nights and weekends.Application Deadline:
2022-07-11-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents will result to disqualification.