Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Graduate College at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator of Administrative Services and Executive Assistant - Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
Under the general supervision of the Dean, this position serves as an executive assistant to the Dean as well as a coordinator of special projects as assigned by the Dean. This position oversees the administrative services for the Graduate College, including developing, coordinating, and implementing various processes for the day-to-day functions of the College.
- Provides administrative support to the Dean, including day-to-day office operations involving the Dean, managing the Dean’s and other staff members’ calendars, scheduling meetings, event registration, and assisting with requests for approval in Workday.
- Work closely with Graduate College’s leadership to establish and maintains the Graduate College’s administrative policies to ensure consistency and compliance with Provost and University guidelines, regulations, and policies.
- Plans and coordinates trainings and other meetings.
- Assists with planning, executing, and attending special events
- Attends weekend and evening events as deemed necessary.
- Creates meeting agendas and handouts, coordinates meeting logistics (Graduate Programs Committee, University Graduate Council, etc.), take minutes, and disseminate information regarding policy changes, new degree programs, and program changes internally and externally to the academic units.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the Dean.
- Serves as HR partner to support recruitment, employment, and overall staff HR activities while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Manages new hires onboarding process and training.
- Serve as the timekeeper for the college.
- Serves as liaison between the Graduate College internal and external groups.
- Work with various units to streamline processes to improve efficiency and optimize administrative resources.
- Establishes and documents operational backup processes for each unit.
- Provides support to associate dean, assistant dean, and directors as needed.
- Develops, oversees, and documents workflows for the Office of the Dean.
- Assists in the preparation of annual evaluations for direct reports to the Dean.
- Develops operational manuals and creates updates as needed.
- Coordinates with the Graduate College’s marketing and communications unit to identify website updates and additional communications needed from the Office of the Dean.
- Designs, develops, and conducts special studies in the assigned areas of administrative and fiscal operations.
- Manages the data request for recruitment grants and fellowships and other items.
- Plans and coordinates Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) workshops in collaboration with the Division of Research and external partners. Circulates email announcements, manages distribution lists of eligible students, certifies student workshop completion, and coordinates compensation for instructors.
- Tracks and provides updates of minor/major/special projects and determines resources needed.
- Prepares spend authorization and reimbursement requests.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Reviews and reconciles various expenditures - such as purchases, travel, and telephone. Prepares expense reports.
- Communicates with vendors and other units to research and/or resolve general inquiries such as: payments/invoices, purchase orders, etc. Obtains necessary documentations requested to resolve the problems for the vendor. Follows up with Procurement on requisitions that have not become purchase orders.
- Serves as point of contact for general problem resolution for Graduate College office-related issues.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Performs additional duties and other projects as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.Application Deadline:
2022-07-04-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents will result to disqualification.