University of Idaho
Extension Faculty - Canyon County - Horticulture
Off Campus Location - Canyon County Extension/Caldwell
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Commensurate with Experience
The University of Idaho Extension is seeking an Assistant or Associate Educator to provide overall leadership and organization for Canyon County Horticulture programming (90%) and support for 4-H Youth Development programs in a specific area of expertise (10%). The Educator will provide assistance in university outreach where appropriate. They will plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and report horticulture programs for homeowners, nursery and landscape professionals, gardeners and small acreage landowners.
In cooperation with area green industry businesses, governmental agencies and University of Idaho Extension Specialists and Educators, they will plan, develop and implement educational programs in community and commercial horticulture. With direction from local advisory committees, they will develop and facilitate collaborative educational programs that meet clientele needs (e.g. low-water landscape, integrated pest management, composting, fruit production, urban forestry, turfgrass and nursery production areas). The Educator will provide leadership for the Canyon County and district Master Gardener, Advanced Master Gardener and other area horticulture programs. They will evaluate programs and document impact of educational interventions related to knowledge increase, adoption of recommended practices and evidence of widespread successful management of natural resources. The Educator will extend program outreach to diverse audiences across the Southern District. They will conduct program evaluation and report program impacts. The Educator could potentially serve as chair of the Canyon
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in field of study related to Horticulture, Plant Science, or a closely related discipline
- Ability to provide organizational structure and support for a variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to adapt research materials for effective oral and written presentations
- Ability to recruit, teach, organize, and manage volunteer groups.
- Willing and able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e., participate in evening and weekend programs).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Experience in Extension education or demonstrated ability and skill in horticulture (relevant experience acquired within the last 5 years preferred).
- Ability to work well in a team and provide effective instruction, support, marketing and promotion for FCS Extension programs.
- Computer literacy and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working with under-served and minority audiences.
- Supervisory experience and proven ability to lead and mentor others.
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by July 22, 2022,
will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification
addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Patrick A. Momont
UI-Extension Southern District
(208) 454-7629[email protected]
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency