Computer Information Systems Assistant Professor
Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
The student population of Contra Costa College (CCC) reflects its surrounding diverse communities. CCC is a proud Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and serves predominately historically disadvantaged and under-represented student groups including African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Latinx students. CCC is situated in a socioeconomically diverse, resilient an culturally vibrant community. We seek candidates who embrace our community, our student population, and our central work: strengthening West County by meeting our students where they are and helping them get to where they want to be.
We seek candidates who operate with a growth mindset, a strength-based approach centered on students, and an unflinching commitment to equity, especially concerning the elimination of barriers to college access, success, and completion. The ideal candidate will be eager to help construct and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in instructional effectiveness.
This is a full-time, tenure-track, academic position in the Business Information Computer Technology Department at Contra Costa College in San Pablo California. The department is looking for an enthusiastic instructor for our Computer Information Systems program.
Faculty are expected to teach courses in Computer Information Systems, Business Office Technology and Computer Networking. Participate in college, department and professional activities, such as curriculum development, grant writing, assessment, faculty development, and mentoring student projects. Evening/Weekend schedule may be required.
Contact- Pamela Rudy[email protected]
EEO Job Category:
Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience. Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master’s degree. The professional experience must be directly related to Computer Information Systems.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
A successful teaching record/academic experience.
Experience in curriculum development.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
On-line and in-person teaching experience.
Experience in teaching Data Analytics and Manipulation.
Experience in teaching Microsoft Windows, Office, Project Management and other professional software at a mastery level.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
January 2023, Spring '23 semester
# of Months:
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/8705
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency