Psychology Professor Adjunct (Part-time, In person Only) Temporary
Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
The Psychology department at Contra Costa College is seeking adjunct faculty/part-time instructor(s) to teach introductory Psychology science courses. The assignment will include teaching a General Psychology but may also include any of the Psychology classes listed in the Contra Costa 2021-2022 Catalog and Catalog Addendum.We value diversity and are particularly interested in hiring instructors who have had experience teaching General Psychology and or Human Sexuality at either a two or four-year college. This position may also include teaching early morning, evening, weekend and/or intensive summer session hours.
| Psychology Department Chair, Michel B. Arnold, M.S., Ph.D. [email protected]
EEO Job Category:
Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
C7000-NSAS DIV Natural & Applied Sc
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree or higher in psychology; OR Bachelor’s degree in psychology AND master’s degree in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work; OR The equivalent .
The Psychology department at Contra Costa College is seeking adjunct faculty/part-time instructor(s) to teach introductory Psychology science courses. The assignment will include teaching a General Psychology but may also include any of the Psychology classes listed in the Contra Costa 2021-2022 Catalog and Catalog Addendum. We value diversity and are particularly interested in hiring instructors who have had experience teaching General Psychology and or Human Sexuality at either a two or four-year college. This position may also include teaching early morning, evening, weekend and/or intensive summer session hours. Provide exemplary instruction, in accordance with approved course outlines, to a student body diverse in age, ethnicity, and academic skills. Experience teaching college-level psychology. The ability to teach a large number of courses from our offerings: General Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology/lab, Life Span Development, Social Psychology, Psychology of Personality, Biological Psychology, Sports Psychology, Individual Adjustment, Human Sexuality, Abnormal Psychology. Prepare and grade class assignments and exams. Inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures. Maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines. Instructors duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Advancing student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established updated course outlines
• Preparing lecture, assignments and exams
• Grading class assignments and exams and informing students of their academic progress
• Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies
• Adhering to appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
• Submitting attendance and scholastic records punctually according to established deadlines
• Participating in department meetings, activities and program planning/department improvement initiatives Qualified applicants will be contacted via email or phone for an in person or (via zoom pending pandemic) interview at Contra Costa College.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
# of Months:
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/8242
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency