Short-Term Worker - Apprentice IX (Information Technology Services)
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
7/5/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Rancho Campus (May work at Fontana and Chino Campus)
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: $18.00 per hour
Work Days/Hours: Hours may vary according to the assignment and may require evening and/or weekend hours.Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Vice President of Administrative Affairs, incumbents in this position perform the following functions:Provide help-desk support to students on technical issues pertaining to the student portal, Canvas, the college mobile application;
Provide assistance to students in instructional computer labs with logging in and out of the positive attendance system; troubleshooting issues students may be experiencing with Microsoft Office applications and printing; and maintaining/replenishing printer toner and paper as needed.
Incumbents in this position will rotate duties on an annual basis for the following functions:
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Student Help Desk Support.
- Instructional Computer Lab Support.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of CIS 1 or equivalent.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of students of various academic, socioeconomic, cultural, religious, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to follow directions/instructions and follow established protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Prior customer service experience.
- Familiarity with the applications that will be supported including, but not limited to, the student portal, Canvas, Ellucian Mobile, and student email accounts.
- Completion of CIS 50.
This is a part-time, pre-professional apprentice position. An apprentice may not work more than 170 working days or more than 980 hours during the fiscal year. Apprentices may be employed for a maximum of nine semesters, consecutive or cumulative, including summer sessions.
Upon conditional job offer, applicant must provide the District proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit to and pass a background check as a prerequisite to being hired. Submitting proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Being able and ready to work onsite at a Chaffey facility or location is an essential function of this job.
Being able and ready to work in-person with Chaffey students, Chaffey employees, or other members of the Chaffey community/Chaffey partners/Chaffey contractors is an essential function of this job. APPLICATION PROCESS
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey
. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
- Copy of current transcripts (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.)
For more information, please call 909-652-6526.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/3428594/short-term-worker-apprentice-ix-information-technology-services
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency