: 01-50-5086-MS ReadingLocations:
: Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: Jun 27, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: AdjunctPosition ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ADJOL
- Job Type: PT Adjunct
- Traditional On Ground or Online class: Online
- Undergraduate or Graduate class: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: October 24, 2022 - February 25, 2023
- Class schedule: Thursdays
- Duration of class: 17 weeks
- Time of class: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Course Description: RDG 534 Reading and Writing Assessment This course will provide experience in administering and interpreting data obtained from formal and informal reading, spelling and writing assessments, and provide the ability to develop specific recommendations for appropriate reading, spelling, and written language curricula in order to enhance skills for all students, particularly those who have difficulty learning to read, write, or spell through traditional classroom methods.
- The candidate should have a deep understanding and background in scientific structured literacy evidence-based instruction, curriculum, and assessment based in the science of reading which emphasizes the structure of language, phonology, orthography, morphology, syntax, semantics, and the organization of spoken and written discourse.
- The candidate responsibilities may include advising students, supporting student recruitment efforts, providing service to the graduate program, department, university, and the professional community, demonstrating commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion, other duties as assigned.
Degree requirements for position:
- At least a Masters or advance degree in reading and writing instruction, curriculum, and assessment based on the science of reading.
Previous teaching experience:
- Teaching Experience in Grades PreK-12 is required.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate well with others
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, reading faculty and program director
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for using Zoom and Canvas Learning Management System
- Maintain a high level of accuracy by consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions, provide immediate feedback, and grade student assignments in a timely manner
- Adhere to Canvas grading system
- Maintain that all student work is uploaded to Canvas and graded
- Grade assignments within a week's time.
- Take immediate action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.