Responsible for providing oversight, approval and compliance assistance for Veterans Education and Training Programs offered by education and training facilities in West Virginia, the Director of Veterans Education and Training Programs serves the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and the Council for Community and Technical College Education.
Classification Full-time, Non-Classified, Exempt, Benefits-Eligible.
This position is funded via Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls statewide Veterans Education and Training program operation.
- Manages budget and staff, recommends policy and procedure.
- Responsible for management of federal reimbursement contract administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Reviews and approves applications for new or revised veterans’ education and training programs.
- Schedules and conducts Veterans Compliance and Risk Based Surveys at active schools or training establishments.
- Provides technical assistance and training to school officials.
- Conducts outreach and complaint resolution.
- Up to 50% of work schedule involves business travel.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree with 3 years of recent relevant work experience required. Experience should include assessing and evaluating academic and on-the-job training programs and outcomes; developing on-the-job training programs; assessing program and policy compliance with applicable state and federal laws; developing and delivering training workshops, webinars, and conferences using a variety of media, formats and delivery methods; and/or experience communicating with stakeholders through written reports, correspondence, press releases, media interviews, reports, presentations, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully manage competing demands.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and 365 software.
- Knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and delivery of education and training programs.
- Ability to locate, interpret, and apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous, and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as school officials, internal staff, other state and federal agencies, and the public.
The successful candidate must pass a federal background check and will be required to obtain/maintain Veteran’s Administration security clearance and background check and obtain/maintain a federal Personal Identification Verification (PIV) card.
Due to travel requirements, candidate should possess a valid Driver's License.
Closing date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Review of applications begins July 15, 2022.
In addition to filling out the job application, qualified candidates must submit current contact information for three professional references. DETAILS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE MUST BE SHOWN IN THE WORK SECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Final candidates are subject to employment and credential verification, as well as reference and background checks.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Commission and Council provide a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.