Baker Institute for Peace Program CoordinatorPosting Number:
Support StaffKey Responsibilities :
The Baker Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies at Juniata College, a highly ranked, national liberal arts college of 1,200 students located in the scenic Allegheny Mountains of central Pennsylvania, invites application for the position of Baker Institute Program Coordinator. Established in 1970s, the Baker Institute houses Juniata’s Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) program, which is one of the oldest in existence and one of only a few offering a full major in peace and conflict studies. In addition, the institute provides education and community outreach in conflict management and war/peace studies through seminars, conferences, public lectures and workshops.Position Qualifications:
The successful candidate will support programming, events, and budgeting for the Baker Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies, offering key and singular administrative support for the Director and interact with PACS students. Key skills are editorial and marketing materials production, event coordination, budget and expense maintenance, office management, and student employee supervision. The successful candidate will:· Coordinate and execute all logistics for Baker Institute events, including travel and housing arrangements for guest speakers, workshop leaders, and scholars in residence, plus on-campus reservations for lectures, advisory board meetings, etc. Event coordination includes expense tracking and budget monitoring.· Support Director and PACS students and represent The Baker Institute both on and off-campus, including helping with Enrollment events, making conference-travel arrangements, and other duties as assigned.· Execute editorial and marketing projects (print and digital) to increase the visibility of The Baker Institute both on and off-campus, including writing, editing, producing, or supporting the production of any print marketing materials, including annual report, PACS info sheets, event flyers, etc.; writing, editing, producing, or supporting the production of any digital marketing materials, including website maintenance, social media planning and oversight, digital signage, campus announcements, etc.; and promoting events on and off campus through digital communication.· Execute administrative tasks to support the Baker Institute/PACS office, including managing and replenishing supplies inventory and Resource Room library materials, managing expenses (p-card reconciliation, budget and expense report production, etc.), and supervising any student assistants.
Other Responsibilities include:
* Providing administrative support to the Director including but not limited to receiving visitors and guests, receiving phone calls and responding to emails.
* Maintaining a physical presence during the work day. The office is typically open from 8:30-5:00.
* Preparing minutes, documents, and materials for events, meetings, and programming.
* Updating the Baker Institute website, posting events, troubleshooting, managing add-ons, and building pages.
* Supervising student assistants and coordinates their schedules.
* Supporting the Baker Institute and Advisory Board on other duties as assigned.
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…AA/EOE
* Excellent word-processing and Canva skills.Supervision Required/Given:
* Competence in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
* Competence with website building software.
* The ability to meet, communicate and work with a wide range of people both in-person and via telephone or electronic communication.
* The ability to work in a variety of cultural contexts.
* Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The position reports to the Director of the Baker InstitutePreferred Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree is preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical, and religious reasons. Weekly testing will be required for the unvaccinated. Those granted exceptions for reasons other than approved medical or religious exemption will be assessed a monthly testing fee.Open Date:
08/01/2022Open Until Filled: