: People Center - 3011Locations:
: Burlington, VTPosted:
: Jun 23, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
Champlain College is currently looking for a Systems and HR Specialist to work both with our employees as well as our Human Capital Management system (Oracle). This role will help support the Human Resources department through the employment life-cycle while maintaining the personnel information including new hire/rehire termination/retirement, organizational changes, position and salary changes. We are looking for someone who is able to understand our processes and systems with the ability to pivot depending on the needs. This role will collaborate with other members of the team as well as external and internal partners to fully utilize both systems and processes.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has an understanding of both human resources as well as payroll. This position will serve as a backup to other team members on clerical and administrative activities. This position will work with both managers and employees on communicating and training on policies, systems, and best practices.
- Enter employee data in HCM (Oracle) system
- Manages confidential and sensitive employee information
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors from data entry imports which includes communicating with internal and external customers to ensure data integrity
- Have an in-depth understanding of all HR Systems and how they work together
- Assist with creating and maintaining personnel files
- Responds quickly and accurately to tickets
- Interprets and communicates effectively with employees regarding system issues, questions, concerns and general policy
- Maintain data integrity
Skills/Competencies and Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with excellent listening and communication skills and attention to detail
- Technically savvy to leverage system functionality to meet business requirements
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Minimum of 3 years of HR experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: