Chief Helicopter Pilot Location:
MGA Eastman Campus Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Middle Georgia State University (MGA), a multi-campus, baccalaureate and graduate degree granting public institution, is the most affordable public state university in Georgia. MGA has five campuses—Macon, Cochran, Dublin, Eastman, and Warner Robins, all located in central Georgia—and global outreach through its fully-online campus. Its enrollment of 8,000 students is largely comprised of students from most of Georgia’s 159 counties. The University has six academic schools, including Georgia’s flagship aviation university, that support its mission to educate and graduate inspired, lifelong learners whose scholarship and careers enhance the region through professional leadership, innovative partnerships and community engagement.
Job Summary This position provides leadership to the Helicopter Department at Middle Georgia State University Eastman campus. This position is FAA approved and will represent the school according to FAA standards. The Chief Helicopter Instructor will oversee the flight operations of four helicopters, and supervise three to four instructors as well as providing instructions to Private Pilot through CFII ratings. Responsibilities
- Manages helicopter flight instructors in order to maintain a high degree of flight standards and rating completion in the department.
- Manages Transportation Safety Board (TSA) records, and student accounts.
- Partners with the maintenance department to maintain helicopters.
- Coordinates with Designated Pilot Examiners (DPE) for student completion of their ratings.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support campus operations.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- CFI and CFII certificate with current 2nd class medical.
- Minimum 500 hours pilot in command time and remaining hours of experience as referenced in FAR 141.36 for all courses taught at the institution.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and weekend shifts as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of computer and job related software (MyFlightTrain, IACRA, Word, and Excel).
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Skills in decision-making and problem solving.
- Skills in interpersonal relations and dealing with the public.
- Skills in prioritizing and organization of workload.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Background Check Offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.Other Information
This position is exempt (monthly paid)Salary grade 23