UNC Asheville Overview:
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Western North Carolina, UNC Asheville is the designated public liberal arts campus in the University of North Carolina system. UNC Asheville is nationally known for the quality of our student-centered teaching, mentoring of undergraduates in research, interdisciplinary learning, and striving to be an inclusive campus community.Position Type:
UNC Asheville is committed to promoting diversity and a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and the ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Staff members are encouraged to take an active role to engage in the institution’s efforts in promoting diversity and inclusion throughout the workplace. The successful candidate is expected to foster an inclusive work culture where uniqueness of beliefs, backgrounds, talents, capabilities and ways of living are respected and welcomed. Women, traditionally under-represented minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Executive Assistant to the Chancellor & Chief of StaffPosition Number:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceWork Schedule and Hours:
Typical administrative workload. Typical office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position will require additional hours on evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the Chancellor and the University. Full-Time / Part-Time:
Full-TimeMonths per Year:
12 MonthsPosition Summary:
The Executive Assistant to the Chancellor provides the highest level administrative support to the Chancellor and the Chief of Staff, the Chancellor’s office, and the Board of Trustees. The Executive Assistant works cooperatively with the Chancellor and members of the Chancellor’s senior leadership team to carry out the University’s mission, strategic goals, and objectives.Responsibilities include highly confidential and complex assignments requiring exposure to sensitive information and contacts. Considerable discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and consistent application of institutional practices and procedures are imperative for success in this role. Ability to handle multiple priorities is required.FLSA:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred. Experience serving a senior administrative officer. Ability to interact effectively with high-level officers and officials.Preferred Education/Experience/Skills:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible and related work experience in higher education or a related field.
- Possess highest level of integrity, exemplary oral and written communication skills, and preferably experience in comparable setting.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and racial/ethnic backgrounds of university college students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- The incumbent will have exposure to highly confidential conversations and documents, requiring integrity and an absolute commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Exercise independent judgment, sensitivity, and confidentiality in performing the administrative details in coordinating the responsible technical and administrative support functions of the office requiring considerable knowledge and interpretation of University policies and procedures.
- Highly computer literate and comfortable with acquiring new skills, with specific in-depth proficiency in the MS Office Suite and data and financial systems.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
- Ability to work/multi-task under time constraints; flexible at setting and revising priorities, and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to obtain a thorough working knowledge of the university and its policies.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment and discretion, absolute respect for and observance of the need for confidentiality, and flexibility are essential.
Community Expectations Posting Number:
During this time it is important that the community understand how UNC Asheville operates and what is expected of community members as we work together to prioritize everyone’s health and safety. Please see UNC Asheville’s Community Expectations for more information. This is the URL for UNC Asheville’s Community Expectations: UNC Asheville’s Community Expectations.
This vacancy is open until filled. Please note that any documents submitted to Human Resources or the hiring departments become property of UNC Asheville and will not be returned. Official verification from each college/university you have attended are required upon employment, and will be requested directly from the college/university by Human Resources or from the National Student Clearinghouse. Any expense will be the responsibility of the employee. Educational degrees must be from an appropriately accredited institution. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training and experience requirements, management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations. It is the policy of UNC Asheville to conduct pre-employment background investigations on all candidates selected for employment. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice.
06/23/2022Open Until Filled: