Lecturer in Strategy, Innovation, and EntrepreneurshipJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by July 15, 2022. Second consideration may be given to applications received by July 29, 2022. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (July 29, 2022) may not be given full consideration.Union:
The College of Business is accepting applications for the position of Non-Tenure Track Faculty Lecturer (full-time), to begin in the 2022 fall semester. Successful candidates will teach 8 courses per year for the BSBA (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration) and/or MBA (Masters of Business Administration) programs. Teaching is in the following areas: business foundations, entrepreneurship, innovation, and/or strategic management. Teaching locations include our main campus in Kingston, RI and on our Providence Campus.
This position will support the growth of our teaching capabilities in the strategy, innovation, and entrepreneurship disciplines. Teaching excellence and the abilities to unlock innovative mindsets, promote intrapreneurial thinking, and to increase creative problem solving are desired. Experience in emerging technologies, blue tech, interdisciplinary work in STEM, or expertise in venture bootstrapping/ finance /investment and negotiation/deal-making are preferred.
Courses may be face-to-face, blended, and/or online. The candidate will also be active outside of the classroom by advising students, supporting the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Club, taking part in program assessment initiatives, developing and promoting course offerings, and/or strengthening partnerships on and off-campus.
Responsible for teaching 12 credits of business courses a semester. Participate in area and College level meetings. Advise students. Enhance student learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all work necessary to prepare and deliver 12 credits of business course credits per semester, including use of the URI Learning Management System (Brightspace). (Attendance will be required at training for Brightspace as well as other new faculty orientation and activities, both online and in-person, before the beginning of the Fall term in late August and early September.)
Responsible for advising undergraduate students on their curriculum plans.
Responsible for holding weekly office hours as required by the UniversityParticipate in College and area meetings and business, including assessment, associated with delivering curriculum for business degrees.
Individuals must be academically or professionally qualified at the time of hire and maintenance of academic or professional qualifications is required. Professionally qualified individuals must have professional experience relevant to the teaching assignment significant in duration and level of responsibility.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
1. Master’s degree or higher in business, or related discipline, from AACSB-accredited school or comparable.
2. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
3. Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate students. (Examples of evidence may include past teaching experience, successful presentations in person, business experience running workshops, or other roles and experiences).
4. Potential or demonstrated ability to teach a range of innovation and entrepreneurship courses
5. Professionally qualified individuals must have professional experience relevant to the teaching assignment significant in duration and level of responsibility. (Please see the “preferred” listings nos. 7&8 below.)
1. Demonstrated success in instruction of business students or business professionals.
2. Five years of business experience at the managerial level or above.
3. Experience or expertise in entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship, involving opportunity recognition, emerging technologies, blue tech, interdisciplinary work in STEM, venture bootstrapping/ finance /investment, or negotiation/deal-making
4. Experience advising, coaching, or mentoring business students or business professionals.
5. Interest and ability to unlock innovative mindsets, promote intrapreneurial thinking, and encourage creative problem solving, develop critical thinking and professional communication skills in students.
6. Interest in supporting the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Club that creates a space for student entrepreneurs to share their ideas and receive feedback from other students.
7. Ability to teach graduate students. (Examples of evidence may include past experience teaching graduate students; or business experience running workshops for business professionals; a research degree from an AACSB accredited university or equivalent in the subject matter being taught and recent, credible peer-reviewed publications; or other roles and experiences)
8. Interest and ability to teach The Power of Business (INE 140G) and specialized classes such as Introduction to Entrepreneurship (INE 149); Business of Innovation: The Design Process (INE 247); Business of Innovation: Lean Start-up (INE 249); Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation (BAI 304G); Small Business Management (MGT450) Strategic Management (MGT 445). (Please see URI’s Online Catalog for course descriptions: web.uri.edu/catalog/).
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Position is full-time academic year, limited to 07/01/2023 with anticipated renewal.Department:
Dean, College of Business Contact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:Position Number:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum vitae.
(#3) “Other Document – References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (outside of URI).
06/23/2022Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: