Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The A.D. Henderson School at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a ESE Secretary - Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Performs secretarial duties for the ESE Department.
- Prepares and produces reports using student information systems, IEP management system and various computer programs.
- Assists coordination of ESE and 504 student, parent, and consultant services meetings.
- Organizes and manages paperwork for 504 plans, Individualized Education Plans and other ESE student-related information.
- Performs general clerical work in assisting teachers and ESE team by maintaining student records, preparing and distributing, and teaching materials.
- Ensures confidentiality of student information and records, filing and maintaining ESE records for individual students.
- Manages lunchroom and hallways during arrival and dismissal.
- Manages students in small group settings in the ESE support area.
- Provides supervision and support to students working independently on targeted interventions and other related activities.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively with parents, teachers, staff, and related organizations and vendors.
Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.Salary:
$14.60 – $18.00 per hourCollege or Department:
A.D. Henderson SchoolLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.Application Deadline:
2022-07-19-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected]
, prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected]
to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are] required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents will result in disqualification.