Administrative Specialist - UBA/Controller's Office Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
University Business Administrators - Controller's Office
The University Business Administrators program was established to provide academic and administrative units of Florida State University exemplary professional staff, customized business operations, and a proactive liaison relationship with the Division of Finance & Administration. Through our core values of Excellence, Professionalism, Customer Service, and Optimizing Performance, we strive to offer participating client sites standardized and streamlined operational tasks which meet the specific fiscal and administrative needs of the unit resources from the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Administrative Services to achieve objectives and provide ongoing fiscal and human resources support quickly and effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
- Directly responsible for the basic administrative support duties in the areas of customer service, purchasing, accounts payable, and general office administration of the Controller's Office.
- Coordinates scheduling appointments and space, events and trainings, archiving/destruction of records, department-wide memberships in professional organizations, travel arrangements, and processing of mail.
- Functions as HR Departmental Representative, monitors time entry and approval, verifies bi-weekly payroll reports, and processes routine HR actions including review and update of position descriptions and processing HR compliance-related forms and maintaining departmental HR files.
- Applies knowledge of university procurement and accounts payable policies to provide procurement and P-card support including processing of requisitions, purchase orders, P-card purchases, ePRF, etc.
- Assists in onboarding of new employees, provides orientation to new hires on departmental processes and procedures.
- Applies knowledge of budgeting and reconciliation preparation to backup the Controller's Office Business manager.
A Bachelor's degree and two years of experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience. (Note: a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years.)
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written. .
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer functions.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to gather, interpret, report, and/or edit information.
- Experience performing accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate works well under pressure and thinks quick on their feet remaining calm and professional. They are able to see the big picture and the small details without much effort. They can demonstrate great customer service and maintain discretion. Good communication skills are a must.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
Starting at $40,000 and higher commensurate with education and experience.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University. This is not a time limited position.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
This position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not reapply.