Job no: 522527
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Office/Clerical
Department:52034000 - TT- DISTANCE ED AUXILIARY SVCS
To better serve UF’s Distance Learning students, UF Distance Education Service Center is seeking a part-time (up to 24 hours/week) OPS Admissions Officer I. This position will work with prospective and current students to help ensure they have a rewarding experience at UF. Responsibilities include supporting recruitment and admissions coordinators and assisting with recruitment and retention activities for partnering certificate and degree programs through online chats, form submissions, emails, and phone calls.
- Conducts outbound and inbound communications.
- Ensures all inquiries are promptly addressed.
- Addresses students’ concerns regarding online courses/programs and ensure all prospective students receive the correct information.
- Guides potential students through the registering, application, and onboarding process to make sure all components are completed in a timely manner.
- Works with admitted students to retain them in the program and assist with registering for their upcoming classes.
- Provides support in navigating the UF’s departments, websites, and online systems.
- Updates and maintaining frequently ask questions knowledge base, communication templates, and other documentation.
- Participates in on-going training to remain current on customer service, enrollment management functions including process improvements, financial aid regulations, university and division policies, and state statutes.
- Provides suggestions for effective social media communication to highlight new and existing programs.
- Update and maintain prospective and current student records; utilize reports and dashboards in Salesforce to quickly access and maintain data.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
$15.00 per hour
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and working relations with others
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge in these areas: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat’
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Basic understanding of social media platforms
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, candidates must upload a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 22 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time