Job no: 522479
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession
Department:29160410 - MD-CHFM MOBILE OUTREACH CLINIC
Adv Practice Registered Nurse
The University Florida, College of Medicine, department of Community Health and Family Medicine is seeking a part-time Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) who will provide direct general patient care at the Mobile Outreach Clinic. The position will provide diagnostic and therapeutic health care coverage for patients which will include but not be limited to taking medical histories, performing physical examinations, coordinating lab tests, diagnostic studies, prescribing medications, and aid patients regarding a plan of treatment and education. Hours worked will be dependent on the needs of the clinic. Hours are generally normal business hours with occasional weekend hours required for special events. Location of the bus will vary and may include outlying rural cities as needed.
The Mobile Outreach Clinic (MOC) delivers highly flexible health care to the medically under-served in low-income neighborhoods and rural areas in and around Alachua County. The MOC itself is a large bus containing two exam rooms, a laboratory, and a waiting area. The MOC provides primary medical care services at no cost to the patient and will provide services to all individuals regardless of their ability to pay or because of their race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, or sexual orientation.
The mission of the MOC is to create environments that provides an immersive educational experience that focuses on the social determinants of health and their impact on patients’ health and well-being. The vision of MOC is to create a model community health program that creates a systematic approach for teaching and equipping individuals and groups to function as empowered advocates of health.
• Serve as lead clinician and subject expert on sexual and reproductive health for the MOC
• Provide general reproductive health services such as pap smears, long acting reversable contraceptives, cancer screenings, education on family planning
•Able to perform colposcopies
• Provide disease prevention services in partnership with community partners
General Medical Care:
• Perform physical examinations and diagnosis recommending appropriate therapeutic procedures
• Order and evaluate diagnostic test
• Provide patient education and resources as needed
• Record data and progress notes in inhouse electronic medical record
• Coordinate health management plans collaborating with physicians and other medical professional
• Prescribe medications and treatment plans to patients including follow up with patients
MOC Administrative and Education:
• Assist or take lead on writing grants for MOC funding
• Write papers for publications showcasing the MOC reproductive health program
• Present at national conferences representing the MOC
• Represent the MOC in regional and national organizations
• Serve as preceptor and educator to physician assistant and medical students
• Serve as educator, mentor and leadership for MOC student volunteer program
• Assist in updating inhouse electronic medical record
• Contribute to the planning and development of the delivery of health care and expansion of the services and supporting and achieving the mission of the MOC
• Daily supervision of LPN and Volunteer Coordinators while working on the MOC bus
The typical schedule is one half day for administrative tasks and meetings Mondays & clinic all-day Tuesday and Wednesday at field locations and on the MOC bus. This is an exempt position for 24 hours per week, .60 FTE. Hours above 24 per pay week would be paid at the equivalent of your hourly rate
Salary for .60 FTE $60,000 - $67,200 annually, and is commensurate with skills and experience.
• Masters’ degree with a major in nursing or another health-related area.
• Licensed as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.
- Credentialing: Must meet requirements set of by the Medical Staff Office to obtain and retain privileges to practice as a Nurse Practitioner within UF Health Shands Hospital and/or the Shands UF Healthcare Network, as applicable.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to perform under stress when confronted with urgent or unusual situations.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Other characteristics required of the position:
Will operate vehicles for an assigned business purpose as a "non-frequent driver"
Ability to travel to clinic locations as assigned.
Ability to perform post Offer Health Assessment & Requirements
Ability to go up and down stairs regularly, stand and sit for extended periods of time
Have patient contact
Have contact with human blood
Ability to use clinical Equipment: stethoscope, otoscope, sphygmomanometer, splints, ear irrigation, IVs, syringes, vaccines, etc.
Able to use telephone
Able to transport himself/herself to various training activities and meetings.
Able to attend occasional 7:00 am meetings
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• In order for your application for this position to be considered complete, you must upload a resume, and a cover letter, or letter of interest.
• This is a time-limited position. An appointment to a position funded by contract and grant, auxiliaries, or local funds, as appropriate, for a particular project, enterprise, or specified period. Such designation must be made to the position at the time of recruitment. A time-limited position shall have the same rights as a position with a regular appointment modifier, except such position shall not have rights provided for layoff, recall, and notice of non-reappointment.
• This is not a temporary position.
• If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 with your application for consideration.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Yes
Advertised: 24 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 Jul 2022 Eastern Daylight Time