Lecturer/Coach in Health and Physical EducationPosition Number::
000958Full-time or Part-time::
Health, Physical and Secondary EducationPosting Number::
EHRA (Faculty)Job Category::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMinimum salary::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMaximum salary::
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency::
Flat RateDescription of primary duties and responsibilities::
The Department of Health, Physical and Secondary Education seeks applications for one lecturer/coach to teach undergraduate courses related to health and physical education and/or sport management content in the department. The faculty member will teach courses in the Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education degree and licensure programs. Primary teaching responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in Physical Education activity classes, Health and Wellness courses, or other health and physical education/sport management related courses. Other duties will include providing service to the department, school and university and coaching responsibilities. The successful candidate will start work in July 2022.The full-time lecturer/coach faculty position is non-tenure track.Description of Work Continued::
The primary purpose of the Department of Athletics is to provide a program of intercollegiate athletics for students at the university. The Department of Athletics accepts the challenge of creating an environment whereby student-athletes are both progressing academically in a degree program leading towards graduation and competing athletically against the highest level of competition. Each student-athlete is viewed as an individual whose general health, fitness, and emotional development are of significant value. The Department of Athletics takes pride in its compatibility with the mission of the university and recognizes the opportunity to give Fayetteville State University recognition on the state, regional and national levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to make the following contributions to the Department of Health, Physical and Secondary Education:
Athletics/Coaching Position Description:
- Teach undergraduate HPE level courses in the department.
- Collaborate with other faculty and students to achieve the departmental vision and developing high quality programs for students and practitioners.
- Actively serve on department, college, and university committees and fulfill various other assignments.
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, implement, and administer all activities associated with the university’s NCAA Division II football program in the Department of Athletics. The position will provide leadership, direction, management, and coordination of all activities in concert with the mission of the university. The general details inherent to the principle functions of the position are as follows:
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements::
- Assist in the recruitment of talented student-athletes. Performs any duties pertaining to recruiting established by the HFC
- Assist in the administration and supervision of the program by developing the team for sport competition
- Assist with planning, conduct, and oversight of daily practice of student-athletes with specific emphasis on running backs
- Prepare weekly offensive scouting reports
- Attendance at all team contests, home and away.
- Aids with housing of students in University Place Apartments
- Promote the university, the Athletic Department and the football team through public relations activities and the Sports Information Office
- Maintain a professional level of conduct, including compliance with Conference and NCAA legislation
- Attend and participate in departmental, conference, and college-wide meetings related to duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Head Football Coach and Director of Athletics with fundraising and in additional responsibilities as needed
An earned master’s in Health and Physical Education, Health and Human Performance, Exercise and Sports Science, Sport Management or a related field is required. A degree focus in pedagogy is preferred. A strong commitment to undergraduate education and a desire to prepare outstanding teachers, evidence of scholarly endeavors and a record of professional and community involvement/service is expected. We prefer candidates with K-12 Health and Physical Education teaching experience and teaching in a college/university teacher preparation program. This position requires a commitment to strong K-16 relationships and to working in a diverse workplace.Preferred Qualifications::
3+ years of experience with Health and Physical education curriculum or similar fieldOpen Until Filled::
Candidates with K-12 Health and Physical Education (license) teaching experience is preferred.
YesAdditional Information for Applicants:
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement::
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).Veteran's Statement:
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation or sexual orientation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Quick Link: