Assistant Professor - FinanceAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Accounting & Finance - ACFNProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Accounting and Finance is seeking faculty for a tenure-track position in finance. All candidates will be considered for the rank of Assistant Professor. All areas of the discipline will be considered.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Prepare syllabi
- Update course materials
- Advise students
- Develop curriculum
- Deliver instruction online, at the Commerce campus in addition to the Dallas site
- Be committed to effective teaching
- Instructional duties may include teaching during the day and/or in the evening
- Conduct scholarly activities including professional research
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Work cooperatively with others
- Contribute service to the discipline, the university, and the community
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity
- Other duties as required
- Ph..D. or DBA in Finance
- Minimum of 18 hours in graduate level finance courses from an accredited university
- Meet the AACSB standards for “Scholarly Academic”.
- Industry experience
- Terminal academic credentials from an AACSB accredited institution
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.