Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Remote Regional Admissions Counselor North FL Job Description Summary The Regional Admissions Counselor/Enrollment Marketing Specialist will live in the Jacksonville, FL area and is responsible for recruiting undergraduate and graduate students from high schools and colleges to enroll in programs at Florida Polytechnic University consistent with its recruitment goals and targets. This position serves as the regional admissions counselor for North Florida and Southeast United States.
This position requires the ability to manage digital platforms, design and execute robust comm plans, some potential travel throughout the United States, research market trends and data analyses, call/text/email prospects and applicants to develop positive relationships and to write, position and present university academic and student life material. Will have daily contact with prospective students, parents, high school teachers and counselors, University officials or external entities and companies regarding the enrollment process; this includes but is not limited to making in-person and virtual presentations to small and large groups regarding the university, academic life, financial aid and the admission process. Job Description
- Represent the University virtually, on web sites, blogs, email, and in person at on- and off-campus venues to a prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. Plan and implement recruitment activities. Identify and maintain contact with the appropriate high school and college personnel responsible for assisting with on-site visits.
- Professionally develop university relationships with prospects and their families as appropriate, counsel prospective applicants on the mission if the university, academic majors, their academic and career aspirations, affordability in college attendance and the admissions process.
- Conduct one-on-one and group admissions counseling to high ability and diverse populations. Review and evaluate applications and other materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions. Answer inquiries from parents, students, and counselors regarding the status of applications, basis for the admissions decisions, scholarship opportunities and special recruitment programs.
- Develop and implement Off-campus events designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University. Develop and implement female and minority student recruiting programs and comm plans. Track students who participate in various developmental and early outreach programs that target middle school and high school students.
- Develop ongoing strategic communications with high school and independent counselors, including email, print, and other media. Develop and deliver on-campus events and programs for counseling groups and individuals.
- Assist with the development of programs to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University.
- Understands and adheres to state statutes and Florida Administrative Code regarding freshman admission to the SUS, residency requirements for tuition purposes and selective admission criteria to Florida Polytechnic University.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires strong interpersonal and writing skills, social media skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Skill in digital media, word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective positive and collegial working relationships with others.
- Ability to travel, load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of appropriate experience, or a high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate are of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule varies according to recruiting schedule. Regular out-of-town and/or out-of-state travel is required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $47,476-$53,000, commensurate with experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled, however review of applications will commence immediately.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Florida Poly Benefits Information
Florida Poly qualified employees have the opportunity to take advantage of a variety of health benefits (through the State of Florida) to help meet their specific needs, as well as the needs of their family. This comprehensive coverage includes flexible spending accounts, medical and life insurance, and workers compensation.
· Health benefits are administered through People First, on behalf of the State of Florida, as pre-tax insurance plans. People First handles all new hire enrollments, coverage changes, premium administration, and dependent eligibility.
· Their Service Center is staffed Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. EST, at 1-866-663-4735.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.