About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2022-114Posting Start Date:
High School/GED Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Part time - Camp NurseDescription/Job SummaryOverview of Position:
- Assess and assist with health and hygiene needs of campers
- Identify pertinent camper medical needs (forms), and ensure that this information is communicated with appropriate staff
- Keep records regarding the administration of medication, prescribed treatments and other health medical needs
- Familiar with health protocols approved by a designated physician
- Follow all protocols with camper and staff
- Make rounds throughout camp daily
- Ensure the health and safety of camp site regularly
- Report of facilities and grounds at risk factors
- Complete and follow up on incident reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Summer Camp contract is for 1.5 months only!
Required QualificationsRequired Qualification:
- High School diploma
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland
- Familiarity with medication and medical procedures
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualification:
- Knowledge of summer camp health practices
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail