: Management/ ExecutiveSubscribe:
: Human ResourcesLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 22, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 00109, 03183Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Personnel Assistant (MP-6, Management/Confidential)*
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Binghamton University's Office of Human Resources is seeking a Personnel Assistant, HR generalist, to work in various aspects of Human Resources including employment, payroll, benefits, and Human Resources information systems.
- Learning, working with, and processing Human Resources appointment data into various systems
- Assisting University customers
- Serving as the liaison to external customers to the University
- Delivering presentations on a variety of Human Resources topics
- Learning multiple, distinct facets of employment within the New York state system
- Attending local and statewide meetings as necessary to stay current on a range of issues involved with the position responsibilities
- Querying and running reports
- Position management, which includes applying employment expenses to accounts
- Working with confidential personnel data
- Bachelor's degree, or Associate degree with previous experience in human resource assistance
- Hands on experience in the field of Human Resources including the processing of tax forms, I-9's and proficiency using Human Resources Information Systems is preferred
- Experience within higher education is preferred
- Through past experience candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities
- Presentation skills in teaching or training sessions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven and high activity area
- Expertise in standard computer applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- System experience in computer applications
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Willingness to learn new things and thrive in an environment of change
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply complex rules and laws to challenging situations within the Human Resources field
* Management/Confidential appointments serve at the pleasure of the President and are not represented by a union.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
This is a full-time Management/Confidential position which is eligible for a full New York State benefits package.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.