Staff Full TimeBenefit Status:
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/rangeApplications Open:
Jun 15 2022 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director, Experiential Learning & Signature Programs will work closely with faculty and staff, on- and off-campus mentors, as well as undergraduate students to oversee experiential learning signature programs for undergraduates, specifically Immersive Scholars (UROC) and the River Hawk Experience Distinction. The Assistant Director will provide both strategic planning and implementation and will work collaboratively across the Divisions of Academic & Student Affairs and Research & Innovation to coordinate key initiatives for undergraduate student success.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors plus 5 years related experience or Masters plus 3 years related
- Highly desirable: Prior experience with university-based student programs
- Knowledge of university undergraduate signature programs (Immersion Scholars and RHED), and experience coordinating events and workshops
- Specific experience with UMass Lowell’s systems (such as SiS, JobHawk, and Tridion) are preferred
- Proven record of accomplishment working with other departments (such as Honors College, financial aid, study abroad, DifferenceMaker, university relations, and student affairs)
- Ability to showcase effective communication skills including for marketing and public speaking
- Higher education experience supporting students
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.