Part-Time Head Volleyball Coach/ Athletic Director - Pool - Columbia CollegeSite::
Columbia CollegeSalary Range / Other:
The Hourly Range: $59.91 – $95.78Benefits:
Doctorate Range: $70.60 to $98.30
(2021-2022 Certified Part-time Instructor/Overload Hourly Salary Schedule)
Personnel new to the District are limited to a maximum 10th step placement based on previous experience: $93.01.
Not Eligible for Benefits:Scope of Assignment:
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation coverage, not eligible to participate in the District’s benefit programs.
Part-Time Head Volleyball Coach/Athletic DirectorMinimum Qualifications:
Minimum QualificationsDesirable Qualifications:
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Master’s degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education,
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy
OR the equivalent
Experience coaching volleyball; Experience as an athletic director; and/or Master’s Degree.Example of Duties:
Example Duties (Illustrative Only)Special Instructions to Applicants:
Perform all head coaching and/or athletic director duties including:
• Teaching fundamentals, organizing practices, game preparation, conditioning, scheduling, and budget management.
• Recruitment of student athletes in compliance with the California Community Colleges Athletic Association Constitution (CCCAA) and Bylaws.
• Liaison to four-year institutions and assist these institutions when evaluating student-athletes.
• Represent the District in a professional manner when relating to public and media relations.
• Assist college personnel in maintaining student progress and transferability.
• Assist athletic trainer in preventing injuries and ensuring proper conditioning for student athletes when returning from injuries.
• Maintain and observe Title IX, Central Valley Conference (CVC), and California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) compliance.
• Complete and submit CCCAA forms by appropriate due dates
• Complete and submit Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) report on an annual basis.
• Verify eligibility for returning student-athletes with the athletics eligibility clerk at the end of each academic year.
• Verify eligibility for student-athletes with the athletics eligibility clerk before all sport competitions.
• Complete program review at the college-level on an annual basis.
• Prepare the Central Valley Athletic Program Review every five years.
• Develop and manage athletic program and team budgets.
• Manage a coordinated fund-raising program that will provide the necessary support for the current athletic program and team sports.
• Oversee publicity campaigns such as team posters, media guides, clinic flyers, etc. including creation and distribution efforts.
• Coordinate and oversee game day and tournament operations.
• Attend sport competitions and athletic-related events
• Regularly attend all CVC and CCCAA meetings.
• Other duties and responsibilities as they relate to this position.
APPLICANT INFORMATION:Open Date:
Applications are accepted online only at: https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/employmentopportunities/
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
Please note: The District does not integrate with the third party service of Interfolio; therefore, reference letters must be submitted along with the application documents required.
Only online application packets will be accepted including:
• YCCD Administrative online application
• Personal letter of interest
Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by email or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
The Yosemite Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Yosemite Community College District (Modesto Junior College and Columbia College) not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in its educational programs and its employment practices. YCCD BP 3410 Nondiscrimination can be found at: https://www.yosemite.edu/trustees/board_policy/3410%20Nondiscrimination.pdf
Title IX Sexual Harassment regulations define Title IX Sexual Harassment to include four terms “as defined in” the Clery Act and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA): Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking.
In accordance with 34 C.F.R. §§ 100.6(d), 104.8, and 106.9; and 28 C.F.R. § 35.106, the following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504/Title II policies:
District Title IX/Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator
Yosemite Community College District
2201 Blue Gum Ave., Modesto, CA 95358
06/30/2023Open Until Filled: