2200 W. University Drive, McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Provide support to students enrolled in mathematics courses. Support is provided through individual tutoring, group tutoring, classroom instruction, presenting instructional lessons in or outside the classroom, and providing in-classroom support of instructors. May teach mathematics courses, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support, training, tutoring and instruction to students through one-on-one interaction, group tutoring, classroom presentations, and modeling application of course objective, and supervise lab or group activities.
- Work with colleagues to monitor and evaluate student progress and make appropriate recommendations. Provide feedback on students’ progress to faculty, as requested.
- Keep and archive accurate records of student participation in tutoring activities.
- Assist with monitoring day-to-day activities in the math lab, assist students in the use of computers, graphing calculators, and other lab technology.
- Administer surveys for assessment feedback. Provide monthly reports to supervisor or as requested
- Guide/direct part-time lab staff and students assistants in the absence of the lab manger.
- Provide training and support to part time tutors, and assist manager with scheduling of part time tutors, as requested.
- Instruct mathematics courses, as needed or assigned.
- Follow proper safety guidelines in the lab, assist with supply/equipment requests, and report missing or broken equipment to lab manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Knowledge of instructional techniques
- Knowledge of standard higher education policies
- Knowledge of Collin College policy and procedure
- Computer skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Classroom management skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to follow protocols
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to assist students in using technology
- Ability to work closely with faculty
- Ability to teach effectively and assess student learning
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferred.
One (1) year teaching/tutoring experience required. Three (3) years teaching/tutoring experience, preferred.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.