Secretary III, Student Services Location:
Kendall Campus Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
STAFF- Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
$16.25 - $20.31
Dean of Student Services
August 22, 2022
First Review Date
June 29, 2022
Provides administrative support to Department Deans, Associate Provost, and Associate Vice Provost.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Arranges meetings with staff
- Maintains time and attendance records for co-workers
- Prepares or acts as backup for online payroll as needed
- Maintains calendar, correspondence and supplies
- Coordinates travel arrangements
- Maintains filing systems
- Types routine correspondence and statistical reports
- Prepares agendas and board packets for scheduled meetings
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors
- Records minutes of departmental meetings
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer
- Opens, sorts and screens mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Produces electronic information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
- Makes decisions regarding dissemination of information, screening of visitors and deferral or immediate action in absence of supervisor
- Handles highly confidential information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or two years of college in related field and three (3) years related experience; or a minimum of four (4) years experience performing advanced clerical work or a related area; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, Microsoft and database software applications and office equipment (i.e. photocopier, printer, fax machine, calculator)
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to make sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between himself/herself and coworkers, the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students and customers.
- Ability to think, reason, and make sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed in compliance with college standards and guidelines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to make arithmetical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, will receive preference and priority for this job vacancy. In addition, certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements outlined in this job vacancy and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.
The final candidate is to successfully complete a background screening and reference check process.