$84,644.00 - $104,101.00 Annually
Reedley College, CA
RC President's Office
7/15/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, designs, implements and supports complex systems architecture for physical and virtual servers; performs advanced server administration, configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution; performs backup and restorations for a large college datacenter; serves as project lead for highly complex college systems administration projects; and performs related duties as assigned. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Performs advanced-level server administration, configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution for a large college datacenter including its interdependent, integrated and ancillary products and technologies; administers serve platforms in physical and virtual environments; installs, configures, tests and implements system monitoring and management software tools; monitors system resources including server utilization, disk usage, response time and other performance issues; installs and tests operating system patches, releases, upgrades and fixes; develops scripts to automate routine system maintenance tasks.
- Designs, implements, documents and administers physical and virtual servers and associated software in a clustered environment to ensure availability, reliability and scalability; creates and documents appropriate policies for various types of client end devices including tablets, laptops, smartphones and PCs.
- Installs and utilizes appropriate software tools to monitor system alerts, events, changes and activities that may impact performance or security; researches, troubleshoots and resolves system errors, failures and other problems.
- Manages disaster-recovery solutions for core infrastructure services; monitors and maintains replication and backup systems; ensure all data is properly offloaded to a secondary location following established procedures.
- Monitors and reports on all backups of the virtual and physical environments in a large college datacenter including servers, virtual desktops and specialized software; reviews automated messages on a daily basis to ensure backup processes completed successfully; researches and resolves error messages, disk failures and other problems; administers and configures backup storage; implements and tests disaster-recovery plans; performs regular enterprise data backup coverage review and makes adjustments as required.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements; performs system hardware and software patching and firmware updating; serves as project manager for major upgrades.
- Provides technical direction to Network Administrator on major issues involving the network infrastructure and provides daily real time alerts to IT Customer Support staff on current performance issues and solution timelines; assists Network Administrators on troubleshooting network issues and devices.
- Provides technical training and documentation to support staff regarding the virtual environment.
- Serves as Active Directory administrator for Microsoft units; creates/deletes objects in Active Directory, maintains security, creates queries and utilizes tools to audit modifications, deletions and additions; manages a variety of application servers, including exchange, anti-virus, email, file and print servers; deploys anti-virus updates and security policies; creates college-level user and network accounts, permissions, distribution lists and security groups; troubleshoots and resolves user access, application integration and other problems.
- Works with the Infrastructure Systems Engineer on joint backup and disaster-recovery plans for both datacenters.
- Develops specifications and works with vendors on the purchase of new or replacement server hardware, software and other products to support projects and systems as assigned.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESKnowledge of:
- Performs asset management functions including asset tracking and equipment disposal; reports changes to the Finance department.
- May provide lead work direction to IT customer support staff.
- Attends various meetings and participates on committees as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Datacenter and technologies, including virtualization technologies, computer platforms; storage, replication, backup and uninterruptible power supply.
- Principles, practices and methods of systems/network administration and maintenance, including configuration, performance tuning and diagnostic tools.
- Networking technologies such as switches, routers, and load balances.
- Security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention.
- Principles and practices of disaster recovery, design and planning.
- Enterprise operating systems use by a college.
- Enterprise directory services.
- Customer relationship management concepts and practices.
- The roles and functions of College departments and operations as they impact assigned responsibilities.
- Datacenter backup strategies.
- Project management principles, methods and tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Administer and maintain server virtualization technologies and storage systems and related technologies.
- Understand and apply Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model layer networking technologies and concepts.
- Understand and apply knowledge of product lines and technologies utilized in performing functions of the position.
- Specify server virtualization requirements for system environments.
- Establish and maintain project schedules and balance responsibilities for multiple projects to ensure timely, high-quality results.
- Write clear, precise technical procedures for systems operation and configuration, program documentation and operating instructions.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in management information systems, information technology, computer science or a closely related field, and at least three years of progressively responsible experience in system server infrastructures and desktop virtualization and datacenter backup and recovery strategies; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in an information systems environment similar in size and complexity to that of the District and FCC college is preferred.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.
Professional certifications in areas of assigned responsibility are highly desirable and will be specified on recruitment bulletins.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand, lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.Mental Demands
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.Assessment Process All SCCCD employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Vaccine Mandate information page or go to scccd.edu.APPLICATION SUBMISSION
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd
. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS. When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.The assessment process will also include a competency assessment (45% weight) and an oral interview assessment (55% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the oral interview assessment. The passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section. INITIAL ASSESSMENT TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR JULY 26, 2022
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.ELIGIBILITY LIST
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on a Reedley College Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. Unless otherwise indicated, the eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification at Reedley College only for at least 6 months.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENTACCOMMODATIONS
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process. State Center Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3608487/systems-administrator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency