Clinical Assistant Professor- Academic Podiatric Physician and Surgeon
Job Class Code:
Rio Grande Valley
Division of President
Appointment Period for Non-Tenure Position:
Non Tenure Track
Scope of Job:
The UTRGV School of Podiatric Medicine (SOPM) occasionally has the need to hire part-time clinical faculty members at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor for teaching Podiatric Surgery, Medicine and Biomechanics courses throughout the 2022-2023 academic year. Experience teaching is preferred. The chosen individuals will assist in implementing a vertically and horizontally integrated curriculum utilizing active learning, team-based learning, flipped classroom and self-directed study. Duties are not limited to:
- Develop the goals, learning objectives, pre-read assignments, pre and post test questions and any supplemental materials for each topic.
- Develop cases for the case-based curriculum.
- Lead large group sessions and facilitate case-based learning sessions.
- Routinely teach and model professionalism and ethics.
- Other activities may include:
- Social gatherings (some of these may occur during evenings)
- Provide a base of support
- Assist students with academic issues as they occur
- Read students' reflections and provide feedback
- Assist with students' research projects
- Provide support, guidance, and mentoring to each student during their clerkship year as needed.
- Review reflections/experiences of students.
- Continue to provide a mentoring relationship.
- Write letter of support for residency application as requested.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in monthly faculty meetings.
- Work on projects such as OSCE case development; communication skills; write-up, oral case presentation and clinical reasoning; professionalism and ethics; mentoring; feedback and evaluation.
- Participate in and facilitate academy faculty development sessions and retreats as needed.
For consideration, please upload a copy of your CV, statement of interest, unofficial transcripts and request three individuals' forward letters of reference.
Please upload proof of board qualification/certification for the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and/or American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery .
Candidates must possess a terminal Degree of (D.P.M.) and be Board-Qualified or Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and/or American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Discipline Specific Required Qualifications:
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) from an accredited university.
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
License or Certification Required?:
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest. Diversity Statement
UTRGV is a Hispanic-serving Institution dedicated to student success and building a diverse faculty committed to working in a multicultural environment. UTRGV has an NSF ADVANCE grant to increase the representation of women in STEM fields and to promote a positive, family friendly workplace for all faculty. We strongly encourage applications from women and minorities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete all sections on the application. If you are applying for the first time please complete all biographical information including address, email and phone. You may update this at any time by selecting to edit your profile in the application. Security sensitive; conviction verification conducted on applicant selected.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
Security sensitive; All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). CBCs will be conducted for all candidates invited for an on-campus interview.
Texas law requires faculty members whose primary language is not English to demonstrate proficiency in English as determined by a satisfactory paper-based test score of 500 (computer-based of 173 or internet-based of 61) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a satisfactory test score of 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. All positions are subject to budget approval.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/34367
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency