Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Type: Part-Time 20-29 hours
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for a
Administrative Assistant to Department of Primary Care (Part-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers paid vacation, sick days, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Performs, coordinates, and provides support through a variety of tasks to support the COM's Department of Primary Care.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists Chairs/Vice-Chairs of the Department of Primary Care and provides support for all faculty with appointments and correspondence.
- Creates course modules in LMS for Principle of Clinical Medicine Courses.
- Organize the schedules within LMS to match the calendar
- Post lectures, faculty handouts and reading material for all faculty in the department
- Creates assignments/posts grades for Principle of Clinical Medicine Courses.
- Assists with scheduling department meetings
- Answer phones, route calls and schedule appointments.
- Maintain Master Calendar.
- Provide cross-coverage for other Administrative Assistant(s) as needed.
- Assist Faculty and Administration in special projects and mailings.
- Work cooperatively with others and accept direction from all members of each Department.
- Coordinate exams/quizzes with faculty facilitator(s).
- Coordinate exam/quizzes details with Course Coordinator and Testing Center.
- Communicates and coordinates with the Department on the Utah Campus.
- Assist in arranging travel and lodging logistics if needed.
- Acts as recording Secretary at meetings scheduled for Department activities in PCM Department.
- Coordinates communication between faculty and adjuncts for availability for labs and competency exams.
- Creates and prepares PCM lab groups for first and second year students.
- Post weekly lab assignments for students to view.
- Creates assignments in LMS for students to use for their SOAP notes
- Assists with scheduling Standardized Patient Encounters and Physical Exam Competency testing.
- Coordinates PCM exam review sessions, and helps course directors make necessary corrections to test questions.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and Lab supplies/equipment and replenishes supplies as needed.
- Performs general clerical duties, such as answering the phone, maintaining files, completing reports, and performing limited typing or related duties.
- Properly maintains student personnel files, and observes all confidentiality requirements.
- Accurately types, proofreads and corrects letters, forms and other Student related documents.
- Any other reasonable activities to support the Department.
Marginal Job Functions
- Assist administration, faculty, and staff in special projects as needed.
- Participate in community and professional outreach activities on behalf of the college and university.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrate advanced skill level or higher data entry knowledge and computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn and assume responsibility; seeks out and accepts increased responsibility; displays a "can do" approach to work.
- Shows persistence and seeks alternatives when obstacles arise; seeks alternative solutions; does things before being asked or forced to by events.
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately.
- Good typing skills
- Ability to work with high level of confidential material with an attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- one (1) - three (3) years previous clerical experience including secretarial/clerical position required or equivalent training.
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional background or experience in education.
- Knowledge of scientific and medical terminology.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may apply.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/j7OmDrcVmADglsGqlixMP6