Grounds & Events Setup Tech Tracking Code893 - 280Job Description
Primary Purpose: Performs landscape maintenance, event setup and takedown and minor facilities maintenance tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates hand and power tools used in grounds and facilities maintenance
- Mows, trims, weeds, plants new growth and fertilizes all landscape items.
- Assist in pest control, i.e., snakes, bees, wasps, etc.
- Assists in the set-up and tear-down of chairs, tables, etc for events
- Assists in office relocations
- Assists in irrigation repairs
- Assists in facilities maintenance repairs
- Assists in minor electrical repairs and bulb replacement
- Assists in minor plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, masonry, sheetrock, texture, plastering, painting and remodeling tasks
- Promote a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
High school diploma or GED preferred, reading and writing ability at ninth-grade level required; supplemented by six (6) months of experience in general grounds and/or general maintenance work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the University community. Grounds keeping and general maintenance experience and knowledge of the operating techniques of various machinery and tools associated with grounds and general maintenance preferred. Must be able to understand and follow through with oral and written instructions, and to work independently. Must be able to lift objects weighing as much as 50 lbs. Requires a valid Florida Class E driver’s license. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. Occasional night and weekend work may be required. Subject to on-call status as needed or on-call status/recall in the event of emergencies or natural disasters affecting the College of Law. Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccination Required.
Job LocationGulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular